Global Event Manager
Posted on: June 14, 2019
We are looking for a Global Trade Show/Events Manager to join our
Brand, Marketing and Communications Team. The post holder will be
responsible for supporting exhibit-marketing events globally.
Travel in different regions will be required.
The purpose of the position is to support NOKIA s overall strategy
by managing, coordinating and implementing best-in-class trade
shows and exhibits that positively impact sales, build customer
relationships and showcase NOKIA solutions and technologies,
increase brand awareness and provide a competitive advantage.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate exhibit opportunities. Assist with matching and
prioritizing opportunities with stakeholders according to needs and
available budgets. Utilize tracking data (quantifiable lead
generation, audience profile, industry trends) to access viability
of participation and potential return on the investment to assist
in choosing the right venues to complement our strategic
- Identify, plan, secure and manage all elements required for a
successful exhibit, including integrity of design and theme,
planning meetings (develops agenda and hosts meetings), site
selection, speaking opportunities, shipping, staging, set-up and
tear-down and budget review and post-show review and analysis.
- Produce show guide, document overall theme, key messages,
marketing opportunities, product/technology/solutions brief, staff
training schedule, staffing requirements, exhibits schedule,
significant PR activities, accommodation information and key
contacts list. This must be inclusive of all events planned in
support of the main exhibit/event, and must include key customer
focused benefits statements, which serve to differentiate us from
- Manage budget allocation for trade shows/events. Responsible for
executing on the plan and maintain cost controls over chosen
vendors within acceptable parameters (+ or 5%). Resolve all budget
inquiries and provide a synopsis of how the money was spent and the
projected return on the investment. Collaborate with other show
managers to re-use graphics, structure, designs, apparel, etc.).
Manage authorized budget by tracking actual expenses vs. estimated
and take corrective action as required. Process all vouchers and
vendor bills within the guidelines set forth by the
- Provide on-site project management expertise for exhibits and
associated events. Orchestrate all operational support for staff
and customer functions and provide all logistical support to
complement/enhance the overall strategic initiatives for the
This is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented team-player
interested in professional growth and challenges. This position
requires the associate to produce multiple cost-effective events,
effectively utilizing the associated strategic messages in a
unified manner to enhance the showcase. The candidate must
orchestrate this within the budget allotted, manage tight
timelines, enforce due dates for the deliverables and encourage a
spirit of camaraderie. In addition, all activities must
consistently and positively position Nokia s products and services
to existing and potential customers, thus impacting buying
behaviors to assist in driving the revenue. This candidate must
constantly be able to adapt to the changing landscape responding to
internal and external feedback promptly.
Required Knowledge, Experience & Competency:
* Prior experience with public trade shows and large company
sponsored events (min of 3 years).
* Knowledge of industry procedures as related to trade shows and
events, such as drayage, exhibit houses, show services, housing
lists, union rules as they relate to labor, I&D, audio visual,
* Knowledge of cross-cultural differences and ability to manage and
adapt to changing environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to represent NOKIA
internally and externally with all levels of management.
* Knowledge of strategic marketing, market segmentation, market
planning and analysis as well as customer knowledge.
* Knowledge to conduct financial analysis and post-event
* Knowledge of critical assumption planning and contingency
* Expert communications skills, including use of productivity tools
to ensure effective communications development, implementation and
* Aptitude for marketing activities, knowledge of strategic and
business planning, global markets, competitive knowledge,
competitive risks and landscape.
* Competencies in fact finding, planning, problem solving,
innovative thinking and strategic/conceptual thinking.
* Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written
communications, presentation skills, negotiating skills, teamwork
skills and team building skills. (PPT, EXCEL, WORD, Sharepoint,
TEAMS is a must) and an aptitude for learning database management
* Results oriented, risk taker, values-based leadership,
self-development orientation, decisive.
* Willingness and ability to travel and adjust to multi-cultural
* Excellent judgment, the ability to analyze problems quickly and
accurately, and the ability to develop practical and effective
solutions to solve a variety of problems.
* Discretion handling private and confidential information.
* Individual must effectively interact with all levels of
management, and with external customers/clients. Expected to
interface with multiple audiences including various organizations
as Segments, Sales, Services, R&D, Marketing, Public Relations
* Individual is expected to deliver quality outputs that meet or
exceed customer expectations. Activities performed by this position
are designed to ensure profitable growth.
* Individual is expected to continue personal growth with emphasis
on enhancing knowledge of related business and technical areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Nokia, Irving , Global Event Manager, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!