Security Governance Project Manager
Posted on: August 17, 2019
What you'll be doing...
Creating technologies to solve the world's biggest challenges is no
small task. Join our Corporate Information Security Team focused on
security governance. If you are a thought leader, that is looking
to help drive real security change, then we want you!
You will work with security leaders and business stakeholders to
shape the security governance framework, facilitate adoption of
security controls and standards, and provide situational awareness
to stakeholders regarding security risk management efforts. You
will work independently with minimal supervision, interact
tactfully and confidently with IT, security, and business leaders,
and apply sound information security risk management practices.
This role is responsible for actively assisting teams responsible
for building, operating, and managing information assets to
effectively incorporate appropriate information security safeguards
to manage risk. Responsibilities will include:
- Effectively navigate diverse perspectives and promote an
inclusive and collaborative environment to realize beneficial
security governance solutions.
- Manage projects with urgency and purpose to allow for swift
movement in developing governance related initiatives.
- Actively participate in developing security governance
framework materials (policies, controls, standards) to drive
consistent security risk treatment across the enterprise.
- Actively lead efforts to drive deeper adoption of security
controls and safeguards while minimizing the operational burden to
information resource teams.
- Deliver and report key metrics to provide stakeholders
situational awareness regarding enterprise control and standards
- Consistently deliver high quality work products that fully
address the criteria for which they were intended, requires minimal
modification, and are grammatically sound.
- Decompose complex security processes and solutions to identify
relevant risk areas, potential control points, and provide sound
recommendations for risk treatment.
- As a contributor, takes ownership for assigned areas of
responsibility and effectively manages work load to meet team
- Clearly and concisely communicates in written form and verbally
to leadership and executives.
- Project confidence, poise and competence under pressure while
interacting with team members, partners and IT liaisons.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Information Security, Technology, IT Operations,
Networking or Security Risk Management.
- Experience in managing complex projects with multiple work
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Information Systems, Technology, Information
Assurance, Information Security or relevantfield.
- Certifications: One or more of the following certifications
CRISC, PMP, CISSP, CISM, GSEC.
- Experience driving adoption of security controls for a large
- Ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to complex
- Experience managing cross-functional or enterprise level
- Knowledge of leading practice security processes, capabilities
and supporting tools.
- Knowledge of cyber security risk management concepts,
cybersecurity frameworks, controls, standards, secure coding
principles, and security technologies.
- Knowledge of information security fundamentals, best practices
and industry standards with prior responsibilities of protecting
- Strong knowledge of Verizon business operations and knowledge
of the foundational technologies used across environments.
- Experience in security risk management while considering
business drivers and implications.
- Experience preparing and providing executive level
communications and reporting.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a
- Experience with ISO 27001-2, NIST 800-53, or other
- Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's
transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each
other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network
for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in
connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities
stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the
ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you
think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the
best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and
opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Security Governance Project Manager, Executive , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!