LVN - Clinic-Irving Health Center
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and
discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work
directly with patients or use your talent to support our care,
you'll be part of a team that's providing valuable health services
to Dallas County residents. And here, you'll have the opportunity
to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance
in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a
substantial difference for our patients-and for you. We blend
cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and
hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of
America's Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year
Responsible for providing total nursing care for assigned patients,
under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, in order to ensure
Education and/or Licensure:
* Must be a graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing
and/or licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing as a Licensed
Vocational Nurse; or have a valid Compact LVN License. Non-Waived
Point of Care Testing -Individuals who perform non-waived POCT must
have a high school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a
* Foreign education must be evaluated for equivalence to United
States education standards by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Services (CMS) or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA)
or COLA authorized credentialing agency.
* A copy of the high school diploma, GED, college degree/transcript
or foreign education equivalence report will be required at time of
hire or placement in job.
* Must have current, valid LVN license or temporary LVN license
from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact LVN license.
* Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card
from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
* Must have and maintain Texas Department of Health State Services
Vision Screening program certification as a vision screener or must
obtain within 90 days of placement in role and maintain
* Must have and maintain Texas Department of Health Services Texas
Radiation Control Act registration to use audiometric equipment or
must obtain within 90 days of placement in role and maintain
* May be required to obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
certification during initial orientation.
Skills or Special Abilities:
* Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care and clinical area
* Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff,
management, patient, and families.
* Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
* Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of appropriate nursing
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based
on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland, Irving , LVN - Clinic-Irving Health Center, Healthcare , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!