Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 23, 2020
Under general supervision of a Radiation Oncologist, the
Radiation Therapist performs radiation therapy procedures on
ambulatory and hospital patients in a physician office, clinic, or
hospital setting as requested by a physician or other licensed
provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with
The Radiation Therapist job duties include, but are not limited
- Performs high quality radiation therapy procedures, according
to exam protocol, in a timely manner. Maintains production and
quality of imaging procedures by following established standards
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify
patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on
the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
others. Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patient------s
family regarding the test to be performed and assesses
patient------s ability to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient or area for radiation therapy procedure by
positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving
equipment into specified position and adjusting equipment controls
to set exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when
setting up and performing invasive radiation therapy procedures and
maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and
cleanliness standards. Works with engineers and physicists to
ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment. Reports
issues to management or appropriate department.
- Ensures individuals are safe to enter the radiation therapy
suite and radiation therapy department by screening them according
to policies and procedures approved by the department.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such
as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, etc.
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and
according to department policies and standards for interpretation
in a timely manner.
- Assists leadership in maintaining all required policies,
procedures, standards and records for applicable governmental,
regulatory and accrediting organizations by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations of the OSHA, TJC, TDH and
- Participates with management on quality assurance/control
programs to ensure quality exams are performed equipment is tested
and maintained and department performance monitors are met.
- Acts as a Preceptor by providing training to new team members
and on new services and initiatives.
The ideal candidate for the Radiation Therapist role will be able
to provide services in a timely, accurate, and cost-efficient
manner in compliance with established System and regulatory
standards, policies and procedures.
- Location/Facility - Baylor Scott & White - Irving
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations
- Specialty/Department/Practice - Radiology
- Shift/Schedule - Full Time
- Benefits ------ Our competitive benefits package
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit
health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United
States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation,
collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH
stands to be one of the nation------s exemplary health care
organizations. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, the
mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote the well-being
of all individuals, families and communities. Joining our team is
not just accepting a job, it------s accepting a calling!
- Graduate of an Accredited Program
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiation
- Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Irving , Radiation Therapist, Healthcare , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!