Licensed Professional Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: US Medical Management
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Licensed Professional Nurse/Licensed Practical NurseU.S. Medical
Management (USMM) is an affiliate of a leading Fortune 100 company.
A national organization built on a continuum of care with premier
healthcare providers, clinicians and patient focused individuals
working together. Our Mission - "Through Compassionate
Patient-Centered Care in the Home; We will Provide Exceptional
Outcomes across our Continuum of Services" - Visiting Physicians
Association, Pinnacle Senior Care, Grace Hospice, Comfort Hospice,
Home DME & our In Home Health Assessments (IHA). Our Values of
Integrity, Respect, Teamwork & Excellence are leading us to a
better tomorrow for patient care. Our Purposes Centered on "We are
Unified in our Work through our Continuum of Services" "We can Find
Comfort that We are Making a Difference for our Patients" & "We
make a Broader Positive Impact on Society", allows USMM to be
poised for a phenomenal future. We are seeking candidates who
desire the experience of delivering quality & compassionate
healthcare within proven care models with patients at the forefront
of everything we do.Benefits We Have to Offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement Position DescriptionThe Licensed
Professional Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse provides intermittent
Skilled Nursing services to patients in the home setting according
to the patients Plan of Care. Participates in the planning,
evaluation and implementation of individualized patient care in
coordination with the RN.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides intermittent and skilled nursing services including
assessment, evaluation, procedures, teaching, and training
activities as outlined in the patient Plan of Care.
- Reports significant findings to patient's physician and RN as
- Submits completed skilled nursing notes, and communication
notes per policy.
- Submits change orders within 48 hours of occurrence.
- Submits subsequent documentation daily
- Schedules a Case Conference/IDG with assigned RN to review
patient's needs, problems, level of care and any changes in Plan of
Care of next cert period.
- Participates in updating the Patient Care Plan on an ongoing
- Participates in QAPI program through submission of data
collection as it relates to direct patient care problems and
serving on QAPI teams.
- Follows agency policies and procedures.
- Attends staff meetings and educational in-services per agency
- Continually strives to improve nursing care by broadening
knowledge through formal education, attendance at work shops,
conferences and participation in professional and related
organizations and individual research reading.
- Effectively communicates with all members of the
multidisciplinary team, the patient and physician.
- Acts as the patient's advocate and as such is liaison to assist
in communicating the patient's needs to the multidisciplinary
- Assists in the discharge planning process per clinical
- Documents discharge planning in Skilled Nurse notes.
- Will contact supervisor with any concerns related to infection
- Complete informational visit and obtain patient consents for
hospice admission per office procedure
- Attends all mandatory in-services and meetings provided by
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
(QAPI) program through submission of data focusing on indicators
related to improved palliative outcomes and serving on QAPI team
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Understands and apply basic infection control principles and
procedures. Will contact supervisor with any concerns related to
- Follows agency policies and procedures to operate and furnish
services in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and
local laws and regulations
- Performs additional duties as assignedREQUIRED Knowledge,
Skills and Experience
- Currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse by the State
Board of Nursing.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving
- Is able to meet certain physical demands of standing, bending,
lifting, stooping or performing other work requiring light physical
exertion (up to 30 pounds) on a continuous basis (over 50% of
time); or moderate physical exertion (30 to 50 pounds) on a
frequent basis (16 to 50% of time); or heavy physical exertion on
an occasional basis (up to 15% of time).
- Ability to work in a field setting and exhibited ability to
make sound nursing judgment.
- Be available at all times during agency operating hours
- Has a mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands
of the position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in personal computer use including email, clinical,
word processing and spreadsheet software
- Have and maintain an automobile to be used for workPreferred
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- One year prior nursing experience
- EMR Experience
Keywords: US Medical Management, Irving , Licensed Professional Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!