Company: GI Alliance
Posted on: November 19, 2021
GI Alliance is seeking an experienced Medical AssistantPosition
purposeThis position may be involved in both the clinical and
administrative areas including assisting physicians with patient
care and handling clerical, environmental, and organizational
tasks. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize
and benefit from the clinical
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may
include checking schedules and organizing patient flow;
accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as
needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens,
preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; checking
vital signs; performing screenings per provider guidelines;
assisting providers as needed; charting; phone triage; medication
administration; relaying instructions to patients/families;
answering calls, and providing pertinent information; prescription
verifications with physician's orders.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned that may include
sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/X-ray
reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing
forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; patient
check-in and check-out; verifying insurance coverage and patient
demographics; managing and updating charts to ensure that
information is complete and filed appropriately.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned including
respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to
emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff
with immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or general equivalency diploma
(GED), medical assistant diploma from an accredited vocational
institution, or a college course in medical assisting.Experience:
Minimum one year of recent experience working in a medical facility
as a medical assistant and/or documented evidence of externship
completed in a medical office. Experience working in a
Gastroenterology practice is preferred.Spanish speaking
- Knowledge of health care field and EMR systems.
- Skill in performing medical assistance tasks
- Skill in written and verbal communications.
- Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively
sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care
practices and procedures.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with
others.Please Note: All job offers are contingent on the successful
completion of pre-employment criminal history check.NOTE: ALL
APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL FOR CONSIDERATION.No phone
calls or agencies, please.EEO/AA-M/F/disabled/protected
Keywords: GI Alliance, Irving , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!