Medical Technologist Float Pool EPOD PRN II
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description Medical Technologist (MT) Medical City Healthcare -
Division Float Pool PRN II 12 week assignments Locations: Dallas,
Denton, Lewisville, Las Colinas, McKinney, Plano, Frisco PRN II 4
shifts/pay period (8 hour or 10 hour shifts) Holidays: 2 Major (1
Summer and 1 Winter) and 1 Difficult to staff Rate: $45/hour
Benefits: *May be eligible for the HCA Essential Medical Plan; Not
PTO eligible. *PRN benefit eligibility is based on hours worked
during the first 12 months of employment. If employee qualifies,
benefits will be effective January 1 of the following year. Major
Summer Holidays- Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day Winter
Holidays- New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day Difficult
to Staff-Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, New Year's Eve, Day
after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Valentine's Day, Halloween
- PRN staff are expected to work two weekend shifts per 4-week
period. IntroductionDo you have the PRN career opportunities as a
Medical Technologist Float Pool EPOD PRN II you want with your
current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join
Medical City Healthcare which is part of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsMedical
City Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Medical Technologist Float Pool EPOD PRN II where
your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued?
If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this
could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and
expertise!Job Summary and QualificationsThe Medical Technologist
(MT) works under the general direction of the shift supervisors,
but is expected to make independent judgments. Must be proficient
in obtaining blood specimens and performing testing in his/her
assigned work area. Is responsible for performing and documenting
all QC testing, instrument function and procedure reviews to assure
that the highest degree of quality patient care is maintained at
all times. Effectively participates and promotes Excellence Always
to include service recovery. Maintains accountability for
professional decisions and actions according to policies,
procedures and guidelines of Medical City Healthcare (MCH).What You
Will Do In This RoleYou will receive or obtain specimens for
laboratory analysis and apply techniques used in fields of
bacteriology, parasitology, hematology, serology, blood banking,
urinalysis, chemical and morphological examinations to obtain data
for use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- You will need the ability to work under emergency
- You will need the ability to maintain attention to detail for
extended periods of time.
- You will need to demonstrate competencies in performing testing
- You will perform all testing in assigned work area in an
accurate and timely manner. Interpret and evaluate patient results
in order to assure good patient care. Makes sure that the results
are conveyed to the necessary individuals.
- You will perform and evaluate Quality Control Program.
- You will perform chemical, bacteriological, serological and
microscopic procedures in one or more laboratory sections.
- You will maintain records of performance, patient results, and
quality control as defined in the laboratory's general and
sectional policy and procedure manuals.
- You will effectively use and maintain equipment in accordance
with defined policies and procedures, and record preventive and
remedial maintenance of equipment.
- You will participate in quality assurance and quality
improvement projects in the laboratory.
- You may participate in research and development of new
procedures and changes to existing procedures.
- You will assure quality care through compliance with
departmental policies, hospital and external regulatory agency
- You will ensure patient/personal safety by maintaining a safe
and therapeutic environment and adhering to Safety Program and
Infection Control Programs.
- You will train new personnel as required by administrative
- You will deliver customer focused care utilizing the Excellence
Always Standards to include the transport of patients as necessary
to facilitate optimal patient care/flow.
- You will provide excellent customer service to our patients,
visitors, staff and co-workers.
- You will demonstrate desirable work habits and promote personal
growth and professionalism in the work environment.
- You will maintain competencies in technical areas.
- You will serve as resource professional to hospital and medical
- You may participate in cost analysis of existing and
prospective test procedures. What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelors Degree
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist, or Medical Lab Scientist, or
Registered Cytologist, or American Medical Technologist, or Medical
Laboratory Scientist, or Tech in Cytogenetics CG, or Tech in
- 2+ years of recent clinical experience AND 1 year experience in
an acute care hospital requiredThis role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).Medical City Healthcare is one of the region's largest,
most comprehensive health care providers. Medical City Healthcare
includes 14+ hospitals, 7+ off-campus emergency rooms, more than
50+ ambulatory sites. We have more than 7,000 active physicians and
15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We offer you an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary,
excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in
our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.HCA
Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Bricks and mortar do not make a
hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Medical Technologist Float Pool EPOD PRN II opening.
We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted
for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Irving , Medical Technologist Float Pool EPOD PRN II, Healthcare , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!