Medical Lab Technician Float Pool WPOD
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)Medical City
Healthcare - Division Float PoolFull Time 7:00 AM Shift12 week
assignmentsLocations: Alliance, Arlington, Fort Worth, Las Colinas,
North Hills, Weatherford6 shifts/pay period (8 hour or 10 hour
Benefits: Eligible for all benefit programs and PTO.Holiday: 2
Major (1 Summer and 1 Winter) and 2 Difficult to staff
Summer Holidays-Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Winter
Holidays-New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas DayDifficult
to Staff-Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, New Year's Eve, Day
after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Valentine's Day,
- Full-time staff are expected to work four weekend shifts per
4-week schedule.IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a
Medical Lab Technician Float Pool WPOD with Medical City Healthcare
you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving
back!BenefitsMedical City Healthcare, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Medical City Healthcare family! We will give you the tools
and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
looking for an enthusiastic Medical Lab Technician Float Pool WPOD
to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and
QualificationsThe Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) works under
the general direction of the shift supervisors, but is expected to
make independent judgments. Must be proficient in obtaining blood
specimens and performing testing in his/her assigned work area. Is
responsible for performing and documenting all QC testing,
instrument function and procedure reviews to assure that the
highest degree of quality patient care is maintained at all times.
Effectively participates and promotes Excellence Always to include
service recovery. Maintains accountability for professional
decisions and actions according to policies, procedures and
guidelines of Medical City Healthcare (MCH). What You Will Do In
- You will receive or obtain specimens for laboratory analysis
and apply techniques used in fields of bacteriology, parasitology,
hematology, serology, blood banking, urinalysis, chemical and
morphological examinations to obtain data for use in the diagnosis
and treatment of diseases.
- You will need the ability to work under emergency
- You will need the ability to maintain attention to detail for
extended periods of time.
- You will need to demonstrate competencies in performing testing
- You will perform all testing in assigned work area in an
accurate and timely manner. Interpret and evaluate patient results
in order to assure good patient care. Makes sure that the results
are conveyed to the necessary individuals.
- You will perform and evaluate Quality Control Program.
- You will perform chemical, bacteriological, serological and
microscopic procedures in one or more laboratory sections.
- You will maintain records of performance, patient results, and
quality control as defined in the laboratory's general and
sectional policy and procedure manuals.
- You will effectively use and maintain equipment in accordance
with defined policies and procedures, and record preventive and
remedial maintenance of equipment.
- You will participate in quality assurance and quality
improvement projects in the laboratory.
- You may participate in research and development of new
procedures and changes to existing procedures.
- You will assure quality care through compliance with
departmental policies, hospital and external regulatory agency
- You will ensure patient/personal safety by maintaining a safe
and therapeutic environment and adhering to Safety Program and
Infection Control Programs.
- You will train new personnel as required by administrative
- You will deliver customer focused care utilizing the Excellence
Always Standards to include the transport of patients as necessary
to facilitate optimal patient care/flow.
- You will provide excellent customer service to our patients,
visitors, staff and co-workers.
- You will demonstrate desirable work habits and promote personal
growth and professionalism in the work environment.
- You will maintain competencies in technical areas.
- You will serve as resource professional to hospital and medical
- You may participate in cost analysis of existing and
prospective test procedures. What qualifications you will need:
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
- Associate Degree
- 2+ years of recent clinical experience AND 1 year experience in
an acute care hospital required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).Medical City Healthcare is one
of the region's largest, most comprehensive health care providers.
Medical City Healthcare includes 14+ hospitals, 7+ off-campus
emergency rooms, more than 50+ ambulatory sites. We have more than
7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort
Worth area. We offer you an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of
the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more
than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated
$3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. "There is so much good
to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Medical Lab
Technician Float Pool WPOD opening. Qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise
the bar in patient care!We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Irving , Medical Lab Technician Float Pool WPOD, Healthcare , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!