Clinical Quality Auditor
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Under the direct supervision of the Quality Manager, this associate
will be responsible for developing and implementing patient safety
initiatives, assuring the success of continuous quality enhancement
initiatives for the health plan.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Content expert for the system event tracking system, with
oversight to ensure event capture, tracking, analysis and
- Responsible for managing all potential and actual quality
- Reporting events to Director/Manager- Quality Management,
- Review of all actual/potential cases to identify risks and work
with key internal stakeholders to develop mitigation strategies to
prevent recurrence via risk mitigated corrective/preventive
- Collecting and analyze patient safety, quality improvement and
other relevant data in support of health plan's quality improvement
strategy and quality improvement projects and in accordance with
regulatory and entity-specific requirements.
- Inputting and integrate data from multiple sources within
CHRISTUS Health, State, Regional, and National Databases (including
QHRQ, Leapfrog, CMS Hospital compare, etc). Monitors the quality
and ensures the integrity of quality improvement measurement
- Facilitating continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities,
conduct or coordinate failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA),
root cause analysis (RCA), and the use of other improvement tools
and techniques to improve quality, patient safety, patient
perceptions about the quality and the value of service.
- Developing and disseminating ongoing and ad hoc reports to
ensure that management and quality improvement committees receive
timely and accurate data to meet their needs in ensuring quality
care and patient safety within the health plan's network.
- Maintaining awareness of the latest developments, advancements,
and trends in the field of performance measurement and reporting by
attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, and
actively participating in professional organizations.
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Experience working in a Managed Care or health plan quality
- Experience with identification of potential quality issue by
analyzing the available data.
- Detail oriented
- Timeliness -- Several reports to DHA needs to get completed
within a set amount of time.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Related field preferred. LVNs
will be considered depending on clinical experience.
- Registered Nurse License.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills,
and have demonstrated experience with presentations.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) and be proficient in working with computers and
- Must be able to collect, synthesize and analyze data and make
recommendations to improve outcomes and meet goals
- Must have excellent organizational skills, be able to work with
minimal supervision, demonstrated leadership experience and have a
- Quality Improvement: 3 years (Required)
- Patient Safety experience: 3 years (Required)
- Knowledge in ARHQ PSI's preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current TX RN license in good standing (or LVN
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , Clinical Quality Auditor, Healthcare , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!