Company: Las Colinas Country Club
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Merchandiser/Buyer Promote the game of golf by developing a
merchandise plan to meet the needs of Members and guests, execute
the plan within inventory guidelines, manage special orders, and
assist the golf shop operations team as needed. Responsible for all
soft goods merchandising and buying for the Golf Shop including
weekly and period reporting to Regional Merchandise Manager. This
position reports directly to the Head Golf Pro and Regional
Merchandise Manager with additional support of other Department
Heads and the General Manager. This position indirectly supervises
the Golf Shop team within merchandise needs. Day to Day:
- Offer highest level of service and professionalism to the
Members and Guests, while promoting the game of golf.
- Execute the buy plan with efficient and timely receipt of
merchandise in accordance with ClubCorp policies and
- Maintain Vendor/Supplier files as back-up to buy plan and
- Leverage tools to manage inventory and maximize financial
performance regarding merchandise sales.
- Efficient and timely returned defective and unsold product.
Maintain proper documentation for returns.
- Initiate and follow up on all special orders in a timely
manner. Ensure all special orders are properly invoiced when order
- Maintain a spotless/clean Golf Shop, routinely merchandised
twice per period.
- Train all Shop staff on how to maintain shop displays with
appropriate signage throughout the Golf Shop for all
- Execute and maintain accurate period-end inventories with Shop
Staff and Accounting Department following company guidelines.
Provide accounting with all period-end inventory documentation and
- Follow all daily procedures and assist in any other golf
related duties as deemed necessary by the business.
- Develop and execute annual merchandising events calendar to
promote all merchandise events (trunk sales, demo days, special
programs, etc.). All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation,
it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude
of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your
position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion
arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you.
Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed
or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department
written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures,
manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up
the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Ability to work well under pressure, coordinating multiple
tasks at any given time
- Ability to focus attention on detail.
- Maintain good conduct and safe working habits while in all
areas of the Club and assure that others are acting safely.
- Attend daily line-up and participate as requested.
- Wear a clean and neat uniform that follows ClubCorp and your
property uniform standards daily.
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent, is required. College
- At least 2 years experience in a merchandising/buying capacity
in a similar market.
- You have previous financial and budget responsibility
experience developing an annual sales and purchasing plan. You will
develop COS goals with the Head Golf Pro.
- Experience updating and training all personnel regarding
merchandise on the floor as well as proper receiving and inventory
- Customer service experience. Basic Golf Knowledge
- You can be trusted to maintain confidentiality of all
proprietary Company information and sensitive employee matters,
except as expressly authorized by the Company.
- You always perform at the highest level of ethical work
- You are comfortable working primarily indoors with some outdoor
Keywords: Las Colinas Country Club, Irving , Merchandiser, Hospitality & Tourism , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!