Trainer, RSR Advanced
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Trainer, RSR Advanced - -Irving, TX - Monday-Friday
-8:30am-5:00pm (Rotational Saturday)*Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
will be requiredSummary: The Advanced Route Service Rep-Trainer is
the face/voice of Quest Diagnostics to the RSR, Sp. RSR, Adv.
RSR-Float, our customers and acts as an Ambassador for the company
in everything he/she does. Everyday Excellence is a critical
component in fulfilling this position requirement. This position
trains new staff on day to day route operations by serving client
needs with regard to properly tracking, sorting, storing and
transporting patient specimens and other materials including but
not limited to supplies and patient results. Basic Purpose: The
Adv. RSR-Trainer is responsible for delivering training to new
front-line employees as well as assisting supervisors with the
delivery of training in a meeting setting. The Adv.RSR-Trainer is
responsible for reviewing Quality and Service performance metrics
and interacting with supervisors/managers to determine any new
training needs. The Adv.RSR-Trainer will primarily ride with RSRs
to evaluate training effectiveness, and provide feedback to
managers/supervisors on employee performance. Additionally may
evaluate and make recommendations for process improvement
ideas/suggestions and inspire the Logistics staff through
engagement and recognition. The person holding this position must
possess strong training skills. Must also demonstrate the ability
to learn and understand new skills and processes that will be
deployed. Internal candidates may be required to attend external
classes related to training. Duties and Responsibilities:
- MUST MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY AT ALL TIMES. May have access to
or knowledge of employee and/or department performance that could
be detrimental, if released in the wrong environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency and understanding of all job duties
and SOPs related to Logistics.
- Demonstrates and conveys a thorough understanding of how
Logistics fits into the pre-analytic testing process.
- Demonstrate and convey an understanding of the compliance
policies related to specimen transport and results delivery.
- Completes all required written documentation, legibly and
within the assigned timeframe.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining written training
- Maintains all training materials, and might be called upon to
answer questions during an inspection or audit.
- Responsible for providing Supervisors with appropriate feedback
when problems arise or issues are identified while training.
- Adheres to, applies and demonstrates all Quest Diagnostics
policies and procedures, including safety and compliance.
- May be called upon occasionally to attend meetings and training
- Maintain professionalism and a service orientation with clients
and staff using Everyday Excellence and the Five (5) Guiding
- Demonstrate and teaches Everyday Excellence in the Quest
Behaviors; Agility, Customer Focus, Transparency, United as One
Team and Performance Oriented.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Maintains composure while working with new trainees and
experienced employees that may be difficult to train.
- Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what
action to take when resolving problems.
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing and demonstrating
good safety habits.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and interpersonal skills that
fosters a positive environment.
- Exhibits flexibility and be able to adapt to changes in
procedures and the training of those procedures quickly.
- Some travel is required
- Other duties as defined by Logistics Management. Supervision
Exercised: N/A Competencies for Success: -Everyday Excellence
Behaviors Ethics and Values Customer Focus Personal and
Interpersonal Skills I am customer focused. Integrity and Trust Act
with a Sense of Urgency/ Importance Approachable I am service
driven. Sincere Problem Solving Composed I am a professional Honest
Decision Quality Listens I care about quality. Respectful Patience
I am knowledgeable. Loyal Humor Accountable Self-Development
Informs Drive for Results Creative Confident Intuitive Demonstrates
the ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for
the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be
fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum
of noise; carries a positive attitude and is seen as a team player.
Is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers;
communicates clearly and encourages collaboration. Influences those
around them. Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or
irritated when times are tough; Is personally committed to and
actively works to continuously improve. Is successful in developing
others. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements
of internal and external customers. Provides the information people
need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member
of the team, unit, and/or the organization. Can be counted on to
exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of
the top performers. Demonstrate and model the Everyday Excellence
behaviors. Qualifications:Education Preferred: Education High
school diploma or equivalent. Work Experience: 1-3 years in
logistics or transportation experience. Prior experience in a
leadership or training capacity preferred. Knowledge of service
area Adv. RSR-Trainer positions are available by business
need/requirement. Licensure Requirement: Valid Driver's -license
with a minimum of 1 year driving experience and documentation of a
Motor Vehicle Record with Physical and Mental:
- Capable to perform all duties of RSR, Specialty RSR, and
Advanced RSR Able to perform administrative duties, coordination,
data-oriented activity and other professional duties.
- Knowledge of computer to include Microsoft Power Point, Word
and Excel Good customer service skills necessary Must be flexible
and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays,
on call and overtime. Other:
- Strategy Focus and Alignment: Gathers data to holistically
diagnose problems before acting.
- Focus on the Customer: Acts with the customer/patient in mind.
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external
customers. Anticipates customer requests/identifies potential
solutions. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for
improvements in service.
- Promote Strategic Alignment: Looks toward the broadest possible
view of an issue/challenge.
- Collaborate With Others: Consistently approaches work with a
collaborative spirit and demonstrate respect for others'
perspectives and ideas. Develops relationships by delivering on all
commitments and displaying willingness to compromise. Creates
strong morale and spirit in his/her team. Creates a feeling of
belonging in the team. Creates a climate in which people want to do
- Communicate Openly and Transparently: Provides the information
people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a
member of the team, unit, and/or the organization. Relates well to
all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the
organization. Practices active listening.
- Continuously Develop Self and Others: Consistently transfers
learning to the job through application of newly acquired skills.
Takes ownership for identifying and taking advantage of learning
opportunities Is a people builder
- Performance Excellence and Results: Consistently finds new and
innovative ways to solve business problems. Knows how to get things
done both through formal channels and the informal network. Is
constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Is open to
suggestions and experimentation.
- Demonstrate Agility in Decision Making: Makes good decisions
based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
Open to change; experiments and will try anything to find
solutions. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult
problems with effective solutions. Looks beyond the obvious and
doesn't stop at the first answers -
- Accelerate and Embrace Change: Makes recommendations about
changes that should be made in a given situation and voices ideas
and concerns. Embraces and communicates support for organizational
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Irving , Trainer, RSR Advanced, Human Resources , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!