Human Resources Specialist
Company: Michaels Stores
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Support Center - Irving
We're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where
innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting
missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team
Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels
CO, CT and NYC only -To review pay ranges for the position you are
applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CO, CT, Ithaca and
The HR Specialist supports Michaels Support Center team members in
assigned departments by executing human resource programs,
supporting talent management initiatives, supporting employee
relations issues and executing team member engagement
Human Resources Program Execution
* Owns organization and maintenance of team member HR
* Develops and updates HR processes in partnership with the HR
* Owns monthly Headcount reconciliation to review with HR
* Owns Org Chart and Position Hierarchy Updates in Workday
* Owns monthly Turnover Tracking and Insights to review with HR
* Identifies turnover trends and recommends initiatives to drive
* Assists HR Manager with analyzing data on employee turnover,
employee satisfaction surveys, exit interviews, and other metrics
to enhance and improve HR programs and services.
* Assists HR team with additional project and program support as
Talent Management Initiatives Support
* Owns compilation of materials to support people planning,
calibration, and succession planning initiatives.
* Updates New Hire and Exit tracking sheets.
* Leads weekly communication on new Team Members to the
* Partners with HR Manager and business partners to ensure job
descriptions on file are updated in a timely manner.
* Enters job requisitions for assigned areas.
* Owns updates and compiles new hire onboarding materials and
communication as necessary.
* Schedules and compiles materials for Leader Assimilation
* Conducts professional level exit interviews and compiles turnover
* Responds to Equifax unemployment requests.
* Under the direction of the HR Manager, provides counsel and
expertise to Support Center team members.
* Assists in resolving team member issues as directed by HR
* Serves as a sounding board for team member concerns, issues and
* Advises team members on company policies and procedures.
* Provides counseling and recommends resolution to team members as
* Serves as a resource for HR policies and practices, state and
federal employment laws, and company HR standard operating
* Promotes and assists with the implementation of corporate driven
HR programs and initiatives.
* Supports highly confidential assignments and projects related to
employee relation issues including investigations, facilitating
disciplinary meetings, and providing consultative advice as
* Builds relationships with management and team members.
Minimum Special Certifications or Technical Skills
* Professional of Human Resources and/or Society for Human Resource
Minimum Type of Experience the Job Requires
* 2+ years experience in a HR support role
* Advanced Excel skills
* 1+ year experience in an HRIS system (Workday preferred)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability
* Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal
relationships at all levels of the company including c-suite
* Very high degree of discretion and confidentiality
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Human Resources, Business, or related field
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal
requirements of the job.
Keywords: Michaels Stores, Irving , Human Resources Specialist, Human Resources , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!