Posted on: January 16, 2020
Location: Irving, TXDepartment: TechnologyDescription Omnicom
Precision Marketing Group (OPMG) aligns Omnicom's global digital,
data and CRM capabilities to deliver precisely targeted and
meaningful customer experiences at scale. Using its universal
framework of connected data, connected intelligence, and connected
experiences, OPMG provides services that include data-driven
product / service design, technology strategy and implementation,
CRM / loyalty strategy and activation, econometric and attribution
modeling, technical and business consulting and digital experience
design and development.*** This role will start as implementing
Scrum to our digital team and then move to a manager role.JOB SCOPE
& PURPOSEThe Manager of Application Development will be part of
Targetbase's Digital organization and play s a hybrid leadership
role that is responsible for managing a team of software developers
but is also responsible for facilitating daily scrum, sprint
planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings. This role is
tasked with increasing the development team 's efficiency,
motivates the team and argues for changes that will ensure greater
throughput, quality and timeliness.This role requires both
technical and business skills that include technical requirements,
documentation, and development as part of the complete software
development life cycle (SDLC) . The Manager of Application
Development ensures the definition of done is being followed and
works very closely with multiple Product Owners and the Director of
Application Development.MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical leadership and direction for diverse and
complex digital solutions and applications
- Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging,
configuring, and documenting software.
- Work closely with digital architects and developers to
implement digital solutions; this includes heavy reuse of existing
- Participate in digital solution design and architecture reviews
and recommend changes to meet business requirements
- Based on business requirements, develops detailed technical
requirements; identifies missing details in the business
requirements and engages the appropriate resource(s) for
- Reviews technical designs and code to ensure sound decisions
are being made.
- Champion and evolve the SDLC to develop, execute, and
continuously improve digital development practices and standards in
collaboration with all major stakeholder and cross-functional
- Establish plans, policies, and procedures within the digital
- Perform and oversee team activities related to code management
and release processes.
- Take an active role in the definition and evolution of digital
development standard practices, tools, processes and
- Identifies cross-competency digital development process needs
and assists with the enablement of standard operating procedures
within and across client teams
- Provide regular status updates to technology management and to
internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with all stakeholders,
including the client's technical staff, to optimize and ensure a
smooth development process and successful, effective
- Working closely with Product Owners around ongoing management
of the digital development backlog and pipeline
- Assist Project Managers with resource planning and resolution
of resource conflicts to ensure completion of projects on time/on
- Responsible for the digital development estimation process and
contributes to the overall project estimation process
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the development team and
organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at
a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and
- Must be able to forecast the number of deliverables possible in
an iteration based on evidence
- Needs to be expert in estimation and planning and must know how
to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on
grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be
raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an
emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Excellent conflict resolution with a focus on scrum values of
openness, honesty and respect.
- Assist with both internal and external communication with key
stakeholders, improving transparency and radiating
- Should be a good coach in Agile practices and coach individuals
and interactions over processes and tools.
- Help the team or an individual clarify their goals and
necessary actions to achieve them.
- Ability to shield the development team from outside
distractions and interferences.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum
practices and values
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning,
or dictating the work.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Delivers on time and on budget with all scoped requirements.
Demonstrates quality through organization skills.
- Team and/or client feedback and satisfaction: Demonstrates a
collaborative spirit and receives unsolicited, positive
- Commitment to vision and guiding principles of agency and
competency: Contributes to the growth of others. Number one focus
is on client's business. Respect for the individual is at the core
of all team interactions. Focuses on solutions versus
- Organizational and/or technical knowledge: Has appropriate
knowledge of his/her core competency and Targetbase's integrated
service offerings. Understands a technology-centric agency.
REQUIRED SKILLSEXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Internet
Information Systems (IIS)
- Performing the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a
software development team that was diligently applying Scrum
principles, practices, and theory.
- Minimum 7 years working with development teams across consumer
mobile applications, websites, landing pages and email.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation,
situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement,
empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques
for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum
approach(example: numerous technologies, various Retrospective
formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD,
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile
techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration,
Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented
patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in
the Scrum approach(example: various technologies, many
Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Strong ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and
qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate
- Expert project management and prioritization skills; ability to
manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to
attract and retain world class talent, as well as the ability to
align resources to business needs while supporting the career
development of staff members. Ability to inspire, develop, and
coach team members.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with all levels of
business leaders; ability to influence and cultivate relationships
with key business stakeholders in the agency and its
- Exceptional negotiation skills across a variety of audiences;
can successfully advocate both business-facing and IT technology
solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
- Sound business judgment: the ability to identify the business
objectives, develop and implement a business strategy on projects;
capable of making reliable business decisions during execution.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- Development Tools/Platform
- Visual Studio
- ASP.NET 3.5
- IIS Full Text Search (strong plus)
- IIS administration (strong plus)
- Web Technologies
- XML/SOAP/Web Services
- AJAX (MS Ajax Toolkit)
- Charting Components
- .NET Charting
- Data Access/Object-Relational Tools
- Microsoft LINQ
- SQL Server
- Oracle (strong plus)
- Object Oriented design - demonstrable knowledge of design
- Strong leadership skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Resource management skills; proven leadership ability
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight
- Ability to partner effectively with clients and cross
functional team members
- Strong ownership of entire software development life cycle for
- Overtime as necessary
- After hours on-call as necessary
Keywords: Targetbase, Irving , Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!