FGT Field Technology Specialist
Company: Lhoist North America
Posted on: January 16, 2020
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
WITH THE NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FGT MARKETING TEAM CONDUCT FIELD
TRIALS FOR THE USE OF SORBACAL FOR FLUE GAS EMISSION CONTROL
* Understand and follow all safety requirements of work location.
LNA safety requirements are a minimum behavior.
* Conduct preliminary site audits or gather data to ensure that
necessary information regarding the customer s motivation and
operating conditions are compiled.
* Compile costing/budgets for trials
* Mobilize, run and demobilize trial equipment in order to meet
trial objectives as agreed with customer Manage trial samples and
be responsible for communication of analytical needs to the NBD
* Maintain field trial equipment to ensure trial readiness
* Track actual field trial, maintenance and other costs relating to
LNA s field trial capability
* Oversee and train Lhoist, third party / subcontracted as well as
client personnel on operation, oversight and maintenance of Lhoist
DSI trial equipment.
* Maintain and track DSI trial equipment deficiencies from
inception through completion.
* Complete internal and external reports in order to capture and
communicate the emission results.
DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN AN HIGH LEVEL OF UNDERSTANDING OF VALUE IN USE
(VIU) OF LNA PRODUCTS FOR FGT
* Understand the manufacturing process of the products being
* Understand the nature and use of competitive products
* Have a working knowledge of emission control strategies
* Have a working knowledge of the legislative and regulatory
drivers for the industry
DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN A STRONG WORKING RELATIONSHIP TECHNICAL GROUPS
* Assist with maintaining various power and industrial databases
regarding the physical and performance characteristics of
electrical and industrial locations
* With the FGT Team, participate in development of performance
models in order to predict effectiveness of Sorbacal products
* Assist the FGT Team with maintaining case study data as well as
with information for internal and external marketing.
* Demonstrable expertise in steam and boiler power process and
either direct knowledge or learning aptitude in various industrial
process air quality control systems
* Demonstrable expertise in FGT pollution control with specific
knowledge of flue gas-sorbent interaction.
* Strong mechanical knowledge in order to understand and recommend
* Willingness to be very hands on, particularly during trials
* Prepared to travel at least 60% of the time, with some possible
weekend time and shift work
* Data manipulation and compilation skills.
* Report writing skills which includes the ability to summarize and
compile information into knowledge.
* Energy & Drive ( Drive for Results, Action Oriented)
* Organizational Positioning Skills (Organizational Agility,
PERSONAL & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS (Approachability, Interpersonal
Savvy, Customer Focus, Ethics & Values, Integrity & Trust,
Composure, Listening Skills)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years experience with air emission
control technology/application engineering.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: min. B. Eng. in Mechanical or Chemical
Engineer, M. Eng. Preferred
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package
including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life
balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Lhoist North America, Irving , FGT Field Technology Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!