Sr Application Developer
Posted on: September 16, 2020
The Digital S/W Eng Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who
stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to
directional strategy by considering their application in own job
and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within
the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are
typically multiple people within the business that provide the same
level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and
diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and
convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and
occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area
through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related
to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an
entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and
effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Accountable for executing and driving results on large-scale
efforts or multiple smaller efforts and serving as a development
lead for most medium and large projects. This includes expertise
with application development methodologies and standards for
program analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and
- Accountable for exhibiting a strong understanding of client
core business functions.
- Required to support situations in which end user consultation
is required to identify system function specifications and
incorporate them into overall system design and delivery.
Additionally, utilize comprehensive knowledge of multiple areas
within technology to achieve technological objectives.
- Independent work style, requiring little or no guidance by more
senior developers. Decisions will make a significant, measurable
impact on the business goals for the client organization. During
team discussions you will play a significant role with TPMs and
engineering managers to determine potential risks to a
- Assist in the planning and managing of application development
assignments generally involving large budgets, cross functional
projects or multiple projects. This includes effectively
understanding and analyzing both technical and business risks and
- Expected to effectively communicate those risks to the business
owners, so that they can make informed decisions.
- Accountable for providing guidance on architecturally
significant efforts during the preplanning phase, and ensuring
principles and best practices are followed prior to initiation of
work. In doing so, closely watch and evaluate Digital roadmaps,
including impacts to support upcoming journeys.
- Publish design review extensions, and provide documented
guidance aligned to sprint plans and timelines.
- Be part of the design review board that will focus on the
design process, search for generic patterns, and, at the same time,
share best practices across the organization.
- Publish design patterns across lines of business and domain
commonalities. Drive design reviews for Next Gen Architecture (NGA)
and Plan of Record (POR) projects, supporting design principles and
- Participate in micro services and NGA code reviews.
- Empower SDEs and their teams by mentoring and coaching.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the business domain, the
systems, and the products in your space. Understand their
accountabilities, boundaries, limitations, scale factors and the
reasons behind architectural decisions.
- Provide a long-term perspective for business and technology
choices; using technical judgment to vet architecture as
- Able to direct teams on how to develop and deliver systems that
are efficient with resource usage such as hardware, runtime,
performance, load, and memory requirements.
- Responsible for broader design decisions and development of
long-term strategies that significantly influence the development
process and standards.
- Accountable for Design Reviews of Agile and Plan of Record
(POR) projects as well as accountable for Code Reviews of Next Gen
Architecture (NGA) projects and are expected to elaborate, promote
and communicate Design Patterns applicable to NGA architectures and
- Accountable for providing architectural guidance to the SDEs
based on best practices and in alignment with CTO guidelines and
- Drive clarity and work with complete independence as business
and or technical strategy is not defined.
- Provide the corresponding architectural guidance, and conduct
design reviews and code reviews based on the projects assigned to
your LOB. The product definition and technical planning is out of
- Accountable for the overall strategy and for driving the teams
inside and outside of your organization to deliver expected
results. Drive mindful discussion with business and technical
stakeholders that lead to timely decisions. Participate in
discussions to drive smart trade-off decisions that balance
efforts, delivery timelines, features, and technical constraints.
Identify and remove blockers and always find the path forward in
- Create plans that have a clear path to delivery. Solve for
dependencies between agile and waterfall delivery efforts. Help
your teams organize for delivery while maximizing resources for the
greater good of the Digital organization. Understand engineering
best practices and apply best practices to the software development
- Accountable for Design Reviews for Citi Agile and POR projects
as well as Code Reviews for the NGA projects. Accountable for
providing architectural guidance to the SDEs based on best
practices and in alignment with CTO guidelines and platform.
Elaborate, promote and communicate Design Patterns applicable to
NGA architectures and solutions.
- Elaborate, bring and communicate clear metrics on Design
Reviews, Code Reviews, CI/CD and Design Patterns adoption.
- Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide
escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate
issues/risks at multiple levels. Recognize discordant views and
take part in constructive dialog to resolve them.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement continuous improvement and
the induction of new technology. Demonstrate examples of influence
in scrum teams beyond your own area of focus.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in an Apps Development role
or senior level experience in an Enterprise Architecture role with
subject matter expert in one or more areas.
- Exhibit expertise in all aspects of technology by understanding
broader patterns and techniques as they apply to Citis internal and
external cloud platforms (AWS, PCF, Akamai)
- Lead resources and serve as a functional SME across the company
through advanced knowledge of algorithms, data structures,
distributed systems, networking, use of knowledge and experience to
lead, architect, and drive broader adoption forward.
- Acquire relevant technology and financial industry skills (AWS
PWS) and understand all aspects of NGA technology including
innovative approaches and new opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge on automating code quality, code
performance, unit testing, and build processing in the CI/CD.
- Bachelors/University degree, Masters degree preferred
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job
Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions -
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is
the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
Keywords: Citi, Irving , Sr Application Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!