Sr Software Engineer(API)
Company: InfoVision, Inc.
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Role: Sr Software Engineer(API)Location: Irving, TXDuration: 12+
Months OverviewClient is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer - APIs
to join the Digital Technology Team. You're joining a
multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers
and engineers who create digital products that hundreds of
thousands of people experience every day. About the job:The SSE
must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in RESTful
API development focused on Python. This includes actively
participating in designing, developing, reviewing, testing and
deploying APIs (including supporting infrastructure) to drive our
digital products.About you:You have a passion for code and putting
the customer first and delivering an exceptional experience through
the creation of extendable, re-usable products.Responsibilities
- Executes full product life-cycle (inception through
deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to
enable an infinite number of digital products.
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum
Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and
- Experience with python server development using Django, Flask,
or other python frameworks
- 10+ years' industry experience
- Ability to write unit-tested and maintainable code
- Expertise working with and building RESTful APIs
- Expert in Python API development.
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both
traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services
architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps
principles, message queue systems, and background task
- Experience with API security frameworks, token management and
user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Well organized with a bias for action with minimal
- A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Understanding of OOP and Data Structures and know when to apply
them in daily coding scenarios
- Message queues (RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc)
- Background task processing (Celery, etc)
- Experience configuring container like systems (Vagrant, Docker,
- Basic understanding of modern web components (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Ability to self-organize with minimal guidance/competing
priorities and work effectively within a team
- Ability to provide innovative, creative solutions to
- Ability to complete work following engineering standards and
- Develops clean, elegant, well-commented, and very reusable code
which is easy to maintain and extend
- Understanding of caching strategies and implementation (Redis,
- Working knowledge of source control systems such as (Git, SVN,
- Working knowledge of serving high scale HTTP(S) protocol
(Nginx, Apache, etc.) Bonus Points:
- Experience writing APIs for multiple platforms (Web, Mobile
- Experience with additional languages such as NodeJS, PHP,
- Understanding of Big Data platforms and ETL in the context of
- Expertise working with Hadoop/Distributed platforms
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Couch, etc.)
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks and tools (webpack,
yarn, gulp, grunt, angular, react, sass)
- Experience with BI reporting software
- Experience with high throughput infrastructures
- Expertise with Linux and deployment schemes using a
configuration management tool such as Ansible / Puppet / Chef /
- Knowledge of constructing PostgreSQL and SQL query strings and
fine-tuning them for performance
- Familiarity with WebSocket connections Srinath Resource
Development Manager DPExtn: 7250 E: - provided by Dice
Keywords: InfoVision, Inc., Irving , Sr Software Engineer(API), IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!