Technology Product Manager
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Support Center - Irving We're here for the Makers! Come be a
part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to
support the most exciting missions in the world! Michaels is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and
all Makers to create, innovate and be better together. To review a
comprehensive list of benefits, please visit CT and CO only -To
review pay ranges for the position you are applying for, please
visit In this role you will work closely with both the Michaels
leadership team in driving projects associated with multiple
large-scale transformation efforts underway across the company. The
Product Manager I develops new software product concepts, designs,
and/or enhancements to existing product design, that reflect market
and user requirements. Conducts research and develops a good
understanding of the customer's needs, new technologies, trends in
the market, and competitors.
- Work with leadership to create a product strategy and roadmap
for your team, optimizing for speed to market
- Create scope of work, project plans, development schedules, and
quality assurance of tasks
- Collect & document user requirements for feature requests at a
- Create & review use cases and test plans with design &
engineering teams and coordinate communication between development
and customers to refine requirements.
- Create wireframes & diagrams to convey complex structures in
design, data structure, function flow, etc.
- Run sprinting planning, provide prioritization & retrospectives
- Groom the backlog, supporting development process with Agile
methodologies (Scrum, Iteration), manage capacity across
- Ensure that product requirements are communicated effectively
to all stakeholders, to include customers, design teams,
development teams, and quality assurance.
- Define learning agenda and key performance indicators (KPIs) to
measure success/failure and velocity trends (burn up/burn down
- Prioritize features and tasks for the product using internal
tools, tracking and reviewing the product direction and current
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both
internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities,
track product performance, and drive decision making.
- Manage full software product development lifecycle of the
- Ability to effectively organize and present data in a format
that is easily consumable by non-technical users Leadership &
- Anticipate and define customer needs and achieve high quality
results for both internal and external customers.
- Understand business processes impacted by product.
- Maintain close relationship with business team members; capable
of identifying and solving issues in a manner to stay within the
scope, yet to deliver solutions meeting business needs and
- Track and manage issues and problems;
- Escalate issues to appropriate levels as necessary to ensure
that decisions are made timely and with the best interest of the
scope and deliverables.
- Influence others without direct reporting
- Assess own ideas and persuades others; gains support and
commitment from others; mobilizes people to take action.
- Anticipate and accept changing roles, directions, and work
- Effectively explore alternative approaches and solutions and to
gain support and acceptance of all parties.
- Provide input in the development and implementation of project
management processes, operations and best practice solutions.
- Keep technical knowledge updated. -Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent
experienceMinimum Special Certifications or technical skills
- Must be an expert user of word processing, spreadsheet,
database, graphic presentations, and project management
- good understand of web and mobile technologies, including
- Requires 2+ years of technical product management experience in
technology industries such as creating strategic product roadmaps
and working with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies is
also a plus
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and
- Ability to write user stories and draw process flow
- Determination to do what is needed to accomplish goals of the
team and of the companyApplicants in the U.S. and Canada must
satisfy federal, state, provincial and local legal requirements of
Keywords: Michaels, Irving , Technology Product Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!