Senior Software Engineer- iOS Developer
Company: 7-Eleven, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
- Who we areImagine working in a place where continuous
improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where
fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive
results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your
friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name,
have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly
sought-after products, such as Slurpee - and Big Bite -. "Brain
Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old
Slurpee - and with over 71,100 stores globally (more than any other
retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be
written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer
obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and
mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been
ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to
invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple
ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to
better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in
big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want
talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people
like you to come make history with us.
How we leadAt 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an "It Can Be Done" Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be AccountableEach principle has a defined set of behaviors
which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support
About This OpportunityResponsibilities:Overview7-Eleven is looking
for a Sr. Software Engineer to join the Digital Technology Team.
You're joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers,
marketers, designers and engineers who create digital products that
hundreds of thousands of people experience every day.
About the job:The Sr. Software Engineer is part of the Digital
Technology Team. They are responsible for executing to both the
roadmap and backlog for the product and enhancing the digital
The Sr SE must have a strong and continuously evolving technical
mastery of iOS Development with both Swift and Objective-C. This
includes actively participating in design sessions and code reviews
as well as being capable of contributing to the coding velocity of
the developer pool (as needed).
Additionally, the Sr SE will provide a technical point of view on
how to grow and improve our Apps and work side-by-side with the
About you:Your areas of expertise span historical practices, best
practices and innovations in the development of iOS Apps. You have
a passion for hands-on coding, putting the customer first and
delivering an exceptional experience through the creation of
extendable and re-usable products.
- Builds and drives teams, enterprise partners and vendors in
delivering innovative digital products through the creation of
flexible and reliable Apps.
- Ensures efficient execution of overall product delivery by
prioritizing, planning and tracking sprint progress. This can
include development of shippable code.
- Actively engages in product and business discussions with a
technical eye for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and
- Models an environment of strong collaboration and partnership
with engineers, domain architects, product leaders, stakeholders
and partners to drive execution of roadmap, negotiate changes in
priorities and manage communication of impacts.
- Manages and directs 4 to 6 software developers. Evaluates
employee performance; sets expectations and goals for individual
staff members; and recruits, disciplines and trains staff.
- Expert in iOS App Development on Swift and Objective-C
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance
- Experience with XCTestFramework and XCUITestFramework.
- Solid understanding of iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- Comfortable with integration to RESTful APIs
- 5-7 years of experience in product development as senior
engineer, technical lead or product architect.
- 2-3 years of experience with hybrid resource environments that
can include changing mixes of in-house, contractor- and/or
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Proven track record of executing on the full product lifecycle
(inception through deprecation) to create highly flexible and
- Self-directed with a start-up/entraprenuer mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Keywords: 7-Eleven, Inc., Irving , Senior Software Engineer- iOS Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!