Software Engineer II - Node.js Developer
Company: 7-Eleven, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
- Who we areImagine working in a place where continuous
improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where
fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive
results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your
friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name,
have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly
sought-after products, such as Slurpee - and Big Bite -. "Brain
Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old
Slurpee - and with over 71,100 stores globally (more than any other
retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be
written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer
obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and
mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been
ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to
invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple
ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to
better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in
big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want
talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people
like you to come make history with us.
How we leadAt 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an "It Can Be Done" Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be AccountableEach principle has a defined set of behaviors
which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support
About This OpportunityResponsibilities:Overview7-Eleven is looking
for a Software Engineer II - Node.js APIs to join the Digital
Technology Team. You're joining a multidisciplinary team of product
managers, marketers, designers, and engineers who create digital
products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every
About the job:The SE II must have a strong and continuously growing
proficiency in RESTful API development focused on Node.js. This
includes actively participating in designing, developing,
reviewing, testing, and deploying APIs (including supporting
infrastructure) to drive our digital products.
About you:You have a passion for code and putting the customer
first and delivering an exceptional experience through the creation
of extendable and re-usable products.
- Executes full product lifecycle (inception through deprecation)
to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an
infinite number of digital products.
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum
Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Architects.
- Expert in Node.js
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both
traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services
architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps
principles, message queue systems, and background task
- Experience with API security frameworks, token management and
user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL
- 3-5 years of experience in product development as engineer or
- Well organized with a bias for action with minimal
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Large organization experience - Large Scale projects
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment
- A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
Keywords: 7-Eleven, Inc., Irving , Software Engineer II - Node.js Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!