Senior Software Architect-OMS
Posted on: June 24, 2022
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty
truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and
brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the
heavy-duty industry and apply today!This position is responsible
for developing and supporting Sterling OMS. This position will be a
member of the IT Applications and BI team and report to the
Director of Applications and BI. The primary duty is technical
design, configuration and development of Sterling OMS platform.
FleetPride seeks an experienced IT professional who lives for
best-in-class application developers and is ready for a rewarding
career in a collaborative environment.In addition this person will
be considered a (SME) Subject Matter Experts for most if not all IT
Functions or Processes. This person will be highly technical and
will provide a higher level technical architecture and support for
complex technical solutions implementation. This person will be an
active member of the IT Applications and BI Improvement team. This
person will generally be utilized as a project lead and provide
additional oversight to lead the projects and guide the
developers.This person will be responsible for ensuring the
adherence of professionalism and expansion of all activities done.
As an architect, he/she will be responsible for training other team
members on technologies and establishing the standard
- Utilize enterprise omni-channel solutions (Sterling Order
Management System) to translate business requirements and
functional specifications into logical program designs, code
modules, application systems, and software solutions
- Sterling OMS configuration and development using various OMS
components, Service Definition Framework (SDF), agents, services,
APIs, Integration Servers and User Exits for complex Sterling OMS
- Create efficiency in existing processes by use of automation
tools and help in installation, upgrades, maintenance and
troubleshooting of infrastructure used in projects involving
- Facilitate the maintenance and implementation of complex OMS
solutions for successful deployment of released applications by
packaging solutions for deployment
- Work with Sterling OMS interfaces with external systems
- Work with a SQL database such as DB2, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Build, unit test and review code and configuration
- Create and maintain technical documentation with all the
technical details and proper visual diagrams (Flowcharts, Diagram
and layouts) for ease of understanding.
- Lead the implementation of an Architecture with internal teams
and partners, and senior stakeholders
- Help with change management activities, check the quality and
accuracy of deliverables provided by the team
- Optimize websites and applications to ensure that performance
of the solutions is optimal
- Analyze production issues to determine problem source and
- Assist in code reviews and code deployments
- Adhere to FleetPride SDLC principles for software
- Respond to and complete incidents in a timely and professional
- Develop Unit test plans and perform unit testing
- Maintain the version control for all code as per the FleetPride
- Collaborate with business and project teams to understand
requirements and business needs
- Develop and Support Sterling OMS platform
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging sites for review and
- Self-train and self-educate to better support the technology
FLEETPRIDE uses to support operations locally and at the branches.
Assist or train others on the systems and features.
- Makes pragmatic recommendations on system and process
- Ensures configurations, system features and system
documentations are appropriately documented.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization
and technology standards.
- Responsible for communicating, promoting and adhering to IT
- Must be detail oriented, organized, service oriented and
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and
procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential
actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Understanding the implication of new information for both
current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Able to motivate themselves and a team to work together in the
most efficient manner.
- Able to perform effectively with supervision, either
independently or as a team member.
- Comprehensive knowledge of supported applications.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and
holidays as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet
- Will be required to carry a cell phone at all times and
expected to respond to urgent calls in a timely manner. This may
require remote or occasional on-site support.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized, service oriented and
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- Able to execute on other duties as assigned.Physical DemandsThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as
required to file documents or store materials throughout the
- Long periods of time spent sitting or standing while working
with a computer.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds (files, computer
printouts on occasion)
- The ability to work through stressful situations with either a
co-worker or a customer
- May require overtime, weekend work and overnight travel.
- Much of the work shift is spent viewing a computer monitor and
using a keyboard while entering problem description details into a
case management system.Environmental/Atmospheric ConditionsThe
primary environment is characterized by ambient room temperatures,
lighting and traditional office equipment found in a typical office
environment.Minimum QualificationsEducationA Bachelor's degree,
preferably in Computer Science, or Management Information Systems.
Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related
education and required work experience.Professional
- At least 10 years of experience and knowledge of various
modules in IBM Sterling OMS
- Knowledge of Retail/Distribution/Supply Chain domain
fundamentals is a plus
- At least 5 years of experience as an architect or Sr Developer
working on complex projects
- At least 5 years of experience designing and delivering order
management and fulfillment solutions
- Proven configuration and development experience using various
OMS components including agents, services, API's, Integration
Servers and User Exits
- Knowledge of modern Enterprise e-commerce architecture patterns
and approaches and proven ability to apply them in different
- Hands-on development experience with core Java, servlets and
web services (ReST & SOAP)
- Experience working with XMLs, XSLs and JSON
- Experience working on any one application server: WAS,
WebLogic, JBoss, etc.
- Experience working with Sterling Order Management on Cloud (OM
- Working knowledge of Azure / AWS cloud
- Working knowledge of Sterling Store Web and Sterling Call
- Hands-on experience with UI technologies such as Angular JS,
- Customization knowledge of Sterling Store / Call Center web UI
will be a plus
- Ability to independently setup a local instance of Sterling OMS
for development purposes
- Knowledge of relevant security and compliance regulations
- Working knowledge of project processes, agile methodology, and
continuous improvement principles
- Strong software systems design skills and familiarity with the
current industry best practices.
- Knowledge and experience with both waterfall and agile project
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Energetic, team player and proactive problem solver with great
attention to detail.
- Ability to create meeting presentations that are clear and easy
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast changing environment and
work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong
analytical and problem solving skills.FLEETPRIDE is an Equal
Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic
information.FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of
retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
Keywords: FleetPride, Irving , Senior Software Architect-OMS, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!