Company: BMO Harris
Posted on: June 24, 2022
300 E John Carpenter Freeway
Job Family Group:
Proficient in Java, .Net, Oracle & SQl Database
Knowledge of cloud technologies
Perform code reviews
Ability to mentor and guide development team.
Understands that the success of a developer is to understand the
core business processes of the business unit and business
requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology
strategy (e.g., Transformation, SmartCore, DevOps). Conceive and
write detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that
their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error
handling, and performance standards and non-functional
requirements. Writes, configures, and integrates code to create the
software that aligns with architecture patterns and technology
strategy. Understands the implications of various components
(including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall
design of a program, system, or eco-system.
* Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and
role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
* Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters
diversity and inclusion.
* Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational
goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear
accountability for follow through.
* Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional
and operating groups to create the highest value for all
* Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top
* Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance,
coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor
* Evaluates new technologies for fit with the
program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and
downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security). Works
toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems
functionally meet requirements, align with architecture and promote
the development of common assets. Supports the resolution of
production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve
BMO processes & systems.
* Assesses impact of design decisions to the computer
solution/product/service being developed (i.e. performance,
schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality,
etc.) and recommends alternate/creative solutions for
mitigation/optimization if required.
* Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues
and implications for the business.
* Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform
* Leads and implements initiatives as required to deliver business
* Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic
* Builds effective relationships with internal/external
stakeholders and ensures alignment.
* Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
* Leads/conducts detailed code-reviews and provides feedback in a
* Decomposes business requirements and translates them into
detailed design specifications and code.
* Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define,
analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both
the business and end-customers.
* Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and
recommend/decide on appropriate designs.
* Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops
appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final
* Supports production issues, includes independently completing
root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
* Devises new algorithms and data structures for target environment
and platform attributes in alignment with architectural
* Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our
aspiration of common assets.
* Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrate
technological processes and/or systems to improve operational
efficiency and effectiveness.
* Supports the management of specific project deliverables &
* Identifies opportunities to strengthen the development
capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical
development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice
* Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through
participation in professional associations, practice communities &
* Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have
broader, enterprise-wide focus.
* Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical
* Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems
within given rules.
* Works independently and regularly handles non-routine
* Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
* Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and/or
certification in related field of study or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Advanced level of knowledge in domain.
* Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and
technology obtained through formal training and/or work
* Knowledge of required programming languages and can code with
* Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes.
* Understand functional aspects and technical behavior of the
underlying operating system, development environment, and
* Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code
* Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive
education and business experience.
* Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
* Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
* Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
* Influence skills - In-depth.
* Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow
the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting,
positive change for our customers, our communities and our people.
By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected
and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We
strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and
our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you
need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach
theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and
network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable
experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited
resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any
unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank, directly or
indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank property. BMO Harris
Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the
receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first
have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract
for service to submit resumes.
Keywords: BMO Harris, Irving , Technology Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!