New College Grad Linux Systems Engineer
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Support Center - IrvingWe're here for the Makers! Come be a part
of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support
the most exciting missions in the world! Michaels is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all
Makers to create, innovate and be better together. To review a
comprehensive list of benefits, please visit CO, CT and NYC only
-To review pay ranges for the position you are applying for, please
visit The Engineer - Systems will work closely with the Senior
Engineer - Systems, is responsible for the planning, engineering
and support of Michaels systems infrastructure. This position is
the primary resource for implementation, validating designs with
the Senior Engineer - Systems and Architecture team, maintenance
and support of Michaels systems. Major Activities for Linux Systems
Engineer : -
- Consult with architecture and project (infrastructure and
application) teams to understand requirements for new endpoint
- Perform deployment platform (tools) modifications and
applicable upgrades necessary to support project requirements while
meeting approved project budgets and timelines.
- Ensure all builds meet approved standards and
- Provide peer reviews of endpoint builds and deployments
performed by other engineers.
- Provide requirements to other technical teams to support
deployments including power, cabling, storage, security, and
- Document new deployments and upgrades to support effective
transition to support.
- Partner with support team to ensure new capabilities are
smoothly integrated into established operational process including
monitoring, backups, and failover / disaster recovery.
- Provide support to both application and infrastructure project
teams to ensure that devices and related systems are correctly
sized and meet configuration standards.
- Responsible for detailing tasks and level of effort for project
managers to include in an overall project scope. -
- Proactively manage technologies within assigned areas including
providing recommendations for improving service and escalating
areas that may impact service availability.
- Research and bring to manager operational best practices for
monitoring and maintaining endpoint platform health. Minimum
Education - - -
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 1+ years' experience supporting complex enterprise endpoint
- Working with managed service and offshore teams
- Supporting PCI and SOX security standards
- New college graduates welcome to apply! #LI-RM1 - Applicants in
the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements
of the job.
Keywords: Michaels, Irving , New College Grad Linux Systems Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!