Principal Engineer - SAP PaPM Solution Architect
Posted on: November 25, 2022
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Corporate Systems Group (CSG) is responsible for the strategy
and implementation of systems solutions that support actual and
plan allocations for Verizon Finance. The Principal
Engineer-Systems Engineering position is the interface between
different stakeholder groups and is comprehensively responsible for
the design and delivery of large-scale, complex allocation models
with a significant impact on Verizon. This role will specifically
focus on delivering allocation solutions capable of executing
complex scenarios and rules that span across plan and actuals.
This individual will be the product technical lead for the SAP PaPM
product team and will interface with business, platform architects,
agile teams, and S&O for the successful implementation of the
product roadmap. We are looking for an SAP PaPM expert with
experience leading and developing allocation solutions aligned with
- Defining business requirements, leading the design and
implementation process, testing application capabilities, and
training other team members and business users.
- Proactively working with the end-user community to improve
business processes and procedures.
- Leading the product journey from ideation to implementation by
partnering with business stakeholders.
- Defining and re-engineering business systems or information
technology processes by using appropriate methods and tools and
partnering with process owners to understand requirements.
- Partnering with vendors and participating in various SAP
conferences, innovations, and design workshops to build innovative
capabilities in the product roadmap.
- Working closely with the Platform Services team to ensure a
timely solution according to the specifications and implementation
of business needs.
- Leading within a shared team to execute, status, and resolving
Functional Unit (FUT), Integrated (ITC), and User Acceptance
Testing (UAT) issues.
- Using a flexible and collaborative work approach to solve
complex problems and to develop customer-specific solutions -
taking into account multiple internal and external stakeholder
groups and different levels of stakeholder groups (e.g.,
Top-Management) with various/changing stakeholder
demands/requirements and intersections (e.g., IT, Finance,
- Adhering to Verizon policies and procedures.
Where you'll be working---
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in Computer Science,
Business, Engineering, Information Technology, or Information
Systems or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of experience with a strong design background
and configuration experience in SAP PaPM or relevant work
- Direct allocation build experience during SAP PaPM
- Experience with full lifecycle implementation projects.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering,
Information Technology, or Information Systems.
- Proven past success with complex system program implementations
with SAP PaPM.
- Well-versed in researching and identifying SAP Notes to resolve
any product gaps.
- Ability to perform in a high-volume, fast-paced changing
environment with good time-management skills and the ability to
manage teams independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and
organizational skills and the ability to deliver across
- Demonstrated highly-developed team leadership skills and the
ability to manage internal/external resources to achieve project
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and remain
focused through change or uncertainty.
- Experience in executive communication including presentation
preparation and delivery.
- Agile delivery expertise in an SAP ERP landscape.
- Experiencing managing across multiple time zones.
- Telecommunications experience.
- SAP PaPM experience with SAP BW and BW/4Hana.
- Experience integrating actuals and plan data with allocation
- SAP technical and functional allocations architecture,
allocation model skills along with calculations and write-back
- Formal training and/or certifications in the SAP product
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate and manage multiple
cross-divisional work processes and projects.
- Ability to develop, manage, and mentor junior staff.
- Previous people management or supervisory experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you
to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Principal Engineer - SAP PaPM Solution Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!