Senior Technical Product Manager - Learning and Talent Management
Posted on: May 25, 2023
When you join VerizonVerizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing...You will be part of a very
talented product organization in the Corporate Systems Group with a
digital-first and self-serve approach to deliver the best solutions
that drive Employee Experience. We are looking for an experienced,
dynamic leader with a technologist background to take on the
Technical Product lead role. This role will partner closely with
our HR business, HRIS team, and technical engineering team and will
assume centralized ownership of best-in-class HR applications/tools
in the Core HR space to set the vision and build toward a
best-in-class future state.Your responsibilities include having a
product mindset to focus on delivering the needs of the business,
often identifying needs before they are asked, and looking for
optimization improvements on already-established processes.
- Maintaining product roadmaps and backlog for products and
services, including developing and prioritizing product proposals
and user stories.
- Influencing the product roadmaps, understanding and
articulating business needs to drive and evaluate/set roadmap
- Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed
analysis, Gathering, identifying, and recommending solution
requirements, Product or solution development.
- Co-creating/Defining vision and strategies for your product
space, using HR domain expertise, internal and Industry Best
practices, and identifying improvement opportunities
- Identifying opportunities to improve our HR processes through
technology. Defining and documenting end-to-end HR system
improvements based on analysis to increase the workforce and
stakeholder satisfaction with our HR technology solutions.
- Delivering World class experiences in the Grow & Develop
Employee Journey to ensure Growth, Learning, Development,
Performance Management, Career Mobility.
- Driving Employee Satisfaction and Retention.
- Having a deep understanding of industry practices in
Performance Management, Skill Enablement, Career Hub, Talent
- Enabling the Employee to Learn, and Grow through Development
Plans, Performance Management; Career Progression, Succession
Planning and Career Mobility.
- Partnering closely with HRIS, HR Operations, IT partners, and
Vendors identifying future strategic work, pain points, gaps and
opportunities in the current process, and solution it through
Automation and/or AI, and Build/Buy/Leverage existing product
- Being responsible for E2E Technical Solutions supporting Global
Technology Solutions Organization and partner with HRIS on the
- Researching industry best practices, collaborate with external
companies to share industry solutions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Learning, Talent Management space.
- Experience in a dynamic product management role overseeing all
elements of the product development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of SaaS solutions, implementation, and ongoing
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of any of the HR Product suite - Workday HCM
(preferred), SAP SuccessFactors, Oracle HCM, ServiceNow is a
- Self-motivated learner with superior analytical,
problem-solving, pragmatism and organization skills.
- Experience in productivity software like Google Apps (Docs,
- Knowledge of software development, testing, maintenance, and
- Good Mentorship skills to provide guidance and timely feedback
for other developers.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite of products - Confluence &
- Experience in build vs buy analysis with reasoning and
- Experience in analyzing business/employee needs, current market
trends, and HR Tech systems and designing exceptional employee
- Experience in supporting HR lines of business, such as
operations teams, HR Business Partners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as
clearly articulating and presenting to the executive level.If
Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to
apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification
listed above.Where you'll be workingIn this hybrid role, you'll
have a defined work location that includes work from home and
assigned office days set by your manager.Scheduled Weekly
Hours40Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal
opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences,
including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At
Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed
to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages
authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for
everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their
potential and contribute their best. Check out page to learn
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Senior Technical Product Manager - Learning and Talent Management, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...