IT Application Developer II
Company: Sterling Jewelers, Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Responsible for work on the complete life cycle of the development of a project, providing technical expertise and direction in developing and supporting application software and for application development of new and existing applications/systems to ensure development conforms to performance optimization and interoperability standards and requirements.
* Designs or modifies sophisticated application software programs such as third-party application packages, custom developed applications and graphical user interfaces.
* Designs, develops and tests complex application software, and modifies and maintains existing applications based on standards and procedures as well as utilities from software manufacturers.
* Analyzes business application requirements and develops specifications for database construction, data modeling, and normalization.
* Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested programs or program changes are possible within the existing system.
* Evaluates effectiveness and develop new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
* Develops real-time applications for use in multi-platform environment.
* May develop applications using web technologies.
* Maintains and documents interface systems and resolves database performance problems as required.
* Develops appropriate program and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
* Provides reports on project development status to management on a regular and timely basis.
* Provides technical direction and training to lower level Application Developers.
* Provides technical consultation in new systems development and enhancement of existing systems and participates in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
* Technical Certifications a plus.
* 3+ years IT related experience.
* General knowledge of development practices.
* Listening, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical information into understandable terms to a variety of audiences.
* Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth, and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills; able to recognize and address areas needing improvement.
* Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work needing attention.
* Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
* Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
* Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
Additional skills preferred:
* Oracle Retail application experience - RMS, RPM, Allocations, RPAS
* Oracle Forms
* Informatica PowerCenter
* Unix scripting
* Problem solving and research skills - provided by Dice Customer Service, Database, Data Modeling, Developer, Development, Informatica, Linux, Management, Modeling, Oracle, PL/SQL, Project, Research, Scheduling, SQL, Unix, XML
Keywords: Sterling Jewelers, Inc., Irving , IT Application Developer II, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!