Posted on: September 13, 2018
Location: Irving, TX
JOB SCOPE & PURPOSE
The ServiceNow Developer will demonstrate skills in areas for the development, documentation, administration and technical support of the ServiceNow platform. This position will vary in the scope of project responsibilities; however generally this position will focus on designing and delivering technical solutions that are developed on the ServiceNow platform. Understands the strategic direction set by management as it relates to team goals. Uses considerable judgment to determine a solution and seeks guidance on complex problems. Determines processes on new assignments and collaborates with other team members to create possible solutions to complex problems. Primary upward interaction is with direct manager. Will interact with peers and/or other management levels. Manages large to medium work efforts assigned by manager.
--- Provide software configuration and customization including, but not limited to: custom scripting workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, and third party software integrations.
--- Design, develop and implement custom applications via Studio within ServiceNow platform and integrations with external systems.
--- Provide support to internal users as needed. Including troubleshooting possible bugs/fixes, and ad-hoc training as needed.
--- Review and refine designs for usability, reviews testing scenarios and refines test cases, to ensure applications quality and works with users to review test results to ensure they meet expected results.
--- Interacts cross functionally on matters that require coordination across organization and collaborates well with other groups, voluntarily shares information.
--- Implement technology specific best practices and standards.
--- Obtain and analyze business requirements and document technical solutions
--- Produces and maintains detailed system documentation including design specs, maintenance, troubleshooting, deployment, disaster recovery, tech notes, and testing, etc.
--- Research new functionality and recommend solutions that deliver customer value
Quality and overall impact of deliverables: Strives to achieve executional excellence. Commitment to vision and guiding principles of agency and competency: Consistently communicates Targetbase vision and guiding principles Organizational and/or technical knowledge: Has appropriate knowledge of his/her core competency.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from four-year College or University preferred
- 2-4 years of experience of application development experience
- Ability to translate complex requirements in to user friendly solutions
- Strong willed but collaborative
- Articulate, effective communication skills
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- Backend development including SQL and table architecture
- ServiceNow Administration experience such as setting up roles, maintaining integrations, bug fixes and opening HI tickets
- ServiceNow development experience (Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Actions, Glide Script, ACL's)
- Experience creating custom applications in Studio (UI Pages, Scripted REST API, UI Scripts, Table Architecture)
- Proficiency working collaboratively with teams across the development and deployment life cycle; excellent interpersonal skills with people in general; the ability to build bridges (not burn them) with users, internal and external customers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to serve as an internal consultant, presenting concepts to, and working with, groups of all levels including senior management.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills, strong orientation toward collaboration and communication, ability to earn trust and respect from a challenging customer base.
- Outstanding skills and abilities in verbal and written communications to audiences of varying technical levels, and at various levels within an organization, in groups and individual settings.
- Passion, energy, innovation and creativity that will drive the success of the delivery of business systems.
- Overtime as necessary
- Minimal travel is required
Keywords: Targetbase, Irving , ServiceNow Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!