Wireless Engineer II
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 9, 2018
RF Wireless Engineer II (LTE), Irving, TX
Looking for a great career opportunity? Kelly Services is seeking a talented Wireless Engineer in the Irving, TX area for Sprint. This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career this Fortune 100 company. This is an excellent mid-level opportunity!
In this role you will be responsible for performing complex RF engineering activities supporting the design, development and optimization of a wireless network. You will work within the Network Deployment team and will focus on the Company's Macro Network Deployment, Commissioning, Integration, and cell site acceptance of Alcatel Lucent, Ericson, Nokia, and Samsung LTE cell Sites.
This is a one-year, long-term, contract opportunity with a state of the art technology company. This is an unbelievable opportunity to shape our voice at a critical time for both the company and the wireless technology market.
- Responsible for independently performing professional engineering assignments in functional area which involves the planning, evaluation and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures.
- Responsible for conducting moderately complex network system administration and design engineering activities to maximize network capacity.
- Performs engineering functions related to interconnect equipment and facilities, signaling systems, switches and traffic.
- Performing radio propagation modeling and prediction to determine cell site location, determining equipment and power configurations, forecasting channel capacity requirements, planning and optimizing system traffic and developing design standards to ensure system quality.
- Single point-of-contact for integration, commissioning and acceptance issues.
- Ability to perform pre-commission, Commissioning, Integration, Maintenance and Upgrades to LTE cell site equipment and auxiliary equipment.
- Work is primarily with Ericsson, Samsung, Alcatel Lucent and Nokia Equipment.
- Create and manage Customer Information questionnaires (CIQ).
- Responsible for equipment powered up and testing in a standalone environment including cable connections.
- Ensure the lasted software and the correct configurations are loaded into the equipment.
- Ensure the cell site is connected to the network and integrated to become a functional part of company's network.
- Ensure any new hardware is connected to the network and integrated into the cell site.
- Seamless end-to-end LTE cell site test support and ownership of cell site planning phases to remote LTE Cell site acceptance.
Qualification Requirements and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent discipline plus 2-4 years related work experience.
- Minimum 4+ years experience and In-depth knowledge of LTE Cell Site Commissioning and integration.
- Strong working knowledge of RF wireless technologies and products required.
- In-depth Understanding of LTE BTS Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, and Trouble Shooting.
- Technical writing skills required to create specific commissioning, integration and LTE cell site acceptance methods of procedures.
- Technical writing skills required to create Network Deployment Custom Test Plans for feature Activations and integration testing.
- Support the knowledge transfer of commissioning and Integration to other engineers.
- Define key Performance indicators to ensure there are no customer experience impacts.
- A demonstrated understanding of multiple backhaul network topologies and associated Radio access network (RAN) and Optical / Microwave Transmission Infrastructure Proficient with Internet Protocol (IP) networking.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Windows products and databases.
- Working knowledge of vendor Element Management Systems (EMS).
- Experience integrating and troubleshoot all components of Wireless and Fixed network.
- Cannot consider relocation candidates at this time.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US with valid proof.
As a Kelly employee, you'll have access to world-class perks, including:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- *Group insurance options
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation Spending Accounts
*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
*Important information: This position is recruited by a remote, national, Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Irving , Wireless Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!