VP, Marketing Technology Strategist
Posted on: January 13, 2019
Location: Irving, TXDepartment: TechnologyDescription The VP, Marketing Technology Strategist is an experienced professional providing technology architecture expertise and guidance across multiple business divisions, organizations & technology domains. This role will incorporate a strong consultant oriented approach working across business and technology teams to summarize the current environment and establish a target vision aligned with business and IT strategy. Through engagement with business partners and a deep understanding of technology capabilities, industry trends and business areas you're responsible for, you will lead efforts to align strategic investment planning & major programs for one or more business areas.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIESThe primary responsibilities include:
- Work with clients and Targetbase teams to translate business strategy into a strategic investment portfolio.
- Define / maintain target architectures in roadmaps.
- Designing and documenting functional design (e.g., use cases, data elements, logical entities, for the project)
- Delivering gap analysis between business processes and applications and develops roadmap to close gaps for sustainability
- Creating high level and detailed designs for the project within the broader context of the overall enterprise architecture
- Ensuring standards compliance and enterprise patterns and common services are leveraged
- Proposing work packages from project that can be potentially leveraged at the enterprise level
- Influence the technology strategy & technology investments that will realize the business strategy.
- Lead and/or assist efforts to scope and architect major change programs, leading strategic options analysis & proposing end-to-end solutions & highlighting trade-offs.
- Review ongoing designs of major programs to identify strategic opportunities and resolve design issues during delivery.
- Influence vendors & partners.
- Ensure projects align with strategic capabilities, target architectures & technology standards.
- Identify key technology enablers to optimize IT investment.
- Strong financial understanding with ability to create and manage multi-million dollar budgets
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly operations reporting to leadership
- Accountable for execution according to established standards, procedures, and processes
- Accountable for ensuring that defined solutions comply with all security processes
- Develop controls and measurements to monitor progress
- Ensure all activity and communications meets SLA's
- Cross-functional relationship management and support
- Participation in working groups responsible for the deployment and development of technology systems and infrastructure
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation
- Collate data and distribute daily and monthly status updates showing progress against a roadmap
- Contribute to, produce and maintain processes, procedures, operational and architectural documentation, that meet Targetbase standards.
- Change Control - Ensure compliance with processes and adherence to standards and documentation
- Management of documents and processes
- Train new staff in technical processes and procedures
- Work with Targetbase leadership and applications teams in reviewing new solutions
- Team and/or client feedback and satisfaction: Receives positive scores on employee satisfaction surveys. Achieves positive ratings from a client satisfaction standpoint (i.e., Forrester).
- Commitment to vision and guiding principles of agency and competency: Consistently communicates Targetbase vision and guiding principles
- Organizational and/or technical knowledge: Has appropriate knowledge of his/her core competency and Targetbase's integrated service offerings. In the sales process and ongoing client engagement, effectively communicates the impact on client solutions of all core competencies across the agency.
REQUIRED SKILLSEXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technology subject or equivalent industry experience. Master's Degree a plus
- 10 plus years of technical leadership and management experience in a large enterprise environment managing and leading multiple teams; must have a strong operations background
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- 10+ years relevant technology architecture experience - including evidence of leading efforts to shape strategic investment portfolios and to scope & architect major programs.
- Demonstrated experience of leading virtual teams made up of business and technology resources.
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Strong communication and influencing skills - with demonstrated experience of actions put into place based on presentation to business & technology executives (Director of Technology, CTO, COO, CIO, Business Division Leads)
- Demonstrated presence and charisma; able to effectively relate to others
- Skills in dealing with internal issues that require obtaining timely cooperation from a number of peers and senior executives
- Exceptionally motivated and passionate, highly driven, comfortable engaging directly with clients, and has a vision for the industry
DEMONSTRATED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Experience creating & maintaining Architecture Roadmaps.
- Deep technical depth on multiple technology platforms
- Hands on experience with large database implementations
- Experience with multiple development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall)
- Experience working with the design, integration and/or support of vendor packages within an overall enterprise architecture.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks & industry models (TOGAF, ITIL).
- Detailed knowledge of Solutions Architecture technologies and processes, and proven capability of providing professional advice and guidance to our stakeholders. Has the ability to integrate multiple technologies and capability into the enterprise solutions architecture design.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision-making through high level analysis and interpretation of data from multiple sources.
- Experience identifying potential risk of proposed strategies; Ensures alignment of systems design to underlying infrastructure architecture
- Ensures the primary goals of IT governance, for investments to generate business value, are promoted, understood and managed and met. In-depth knowledge of portfolio, businesses, functions and all relevant stakeholders to successfully drive decisions and recommendation regarding the IT portfolio.
- Expert knowledge in performance testing. Interprets and communicates test results. Verified solutions and correct problems. Significant experience with enterprise and internet software and the entire product lifecycle from inception through delivery.
- Executed design activities and established standards / leading practices for design activities leveraging knowledge of all architecture design techniques; ensured architecture design is consistent with solution architecture; Identifies leading practices
- Proven experience transitioning designs from development to operations including monitoring and environment management
- Demonstrated knowledge and strong interest in keeping abreast of Information Technology trends, directions and emerging technologies including systems/technologies integration and design/architecture
- POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Overtime as necessary
- Travel is required 25%
Keywords: Targetbase, Irving , VP, Marketing Technology Strategist, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!