Senior Java/Node.JS Software Engineer
Company: MATRIX Resources, Inc.
Posted on: February 15, 2019
This nationwide industry leader has an immediate 12+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for extension and/or conversion) in Irving, TX for a Senior Java/Node.JS Software Engineer. Working on this team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an Agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. Will work in an environment dedicated to keeping developers happy and productive, fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally. This position requires:
- 5+ years of Java development experience.
- 1+ year of Node.JS development experience.
- Strong technical knowledge building mission critical/highly available service using current generation toolkits such as Spring, Dropwizard, RESTEasy, or Node.JS
- Developing and designing web services through APIs using REST, HTTP, JSON/JSONP, etc.
- Fluency in Java 7 required with a basic understanding of Java 8.
- Strong understanding the principles of service-oriented software and large scale distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of reactive programming.
- Working knowledge of SQL-based or NoSQL databases using JDBC, JPA or similar frameworks.
- Basic technical knowledge of cloud-based systems - covering infrastructure, platform and software as services.
- Recent hands-on experience with Java, Spring / Spring Boot Frameworks, Node.js development, MicroServices, Serverless (AWS Lambda etc).
- Good working knowledge of the Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Observability & Traceability.
- Code craftsmanship; rigor in high code quality, automated testing (JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber), and agile engineering best practices.
- Knowledge of modern software patterns and anti-patterns.
- Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment.
- Preferred experience with Java development tooling: Maven and/or Gradle.
- Used continuous integration environments like TeamCity, Jenkins, Hudson.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, time management skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in an Agile software development organization; Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Willingness to learn new technologies - often very quickly.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S. Responsibilities:
- Adhere to rules established to enforce test-driven/behavior-drive development, maintaining wiki pages, code style, and code group/peer review.
- Be a team player, someone who can communicate both orally and through our various written communication mechanisms.
- Be able to work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
- Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and implement assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
- Develop, maintain, and debug cloud based micro-service APIs
- Maintain and extend existing on-premise software systems/
- Be able to dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
Keywords: MATRIX Resources, Inc., Irving , Senior Java/Node.JS Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!