Senior Technical Manager (Software Development)
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Summary
The Principal Engineer will take a lead role in the research, design, build, test, analysis, administration and maintenance of enterprise class infrastructure processes and systems. The Principal Engineer acts as a reknowned industry Subject Matter Expert in a particular technology discipline providing leadership in the engineering of new capabilities, lifecycle management, and operations of one or more component technologies.
The Principal Engineer contributes to the strategic vision to the organization and leverages a detailed understanding of technology disciplines and capabilities. The Principal Engineer is recognized across the organization and the industry for specific technology subject matter expertise, leadership of technical staff, and influence of important technology decisions. The Principal Engineer is sought as a resource for resolving the most complex IT infrastructure problems and can represent Infrastructure technologies in discussion and presentations to Senior Leadership. The Principal Engineer provides leadership on the most complex infrastructure engineering projects involving multiple disciplines and other business areas.Job Description
Principle Engineer, Underwriting (UW) Technology Platform, will lead the software engineering teams, to enable the vision & goals of Business Transformation. The platform will use leading edge software capabilities to continuously enable seamless customer experience, along with aligning and integrating into enterprise capabilities. The UW Platform plays a critical role in enabling the Connected Consumer strategy and developed with an enterprise vision, and the capabilities will continuously adapt to changing business landscape.
- Lead platform & software products engineering practice.
- Enable the vision of making UW Platform, an enterprise platform and service.
- Responsible for UW Technology Roadmap and contribute to the strategic vision, and leverages a detailed understanding of technology disciplines and capabilities.
- Responsible for the quality of software products.
- Be a mentor and role model for other software engineers.
- Foster an environment in which teams are empowered to deliver business value quickly and iteratively.
- Responsible for industry specific technology subject matter expertise, leadership of technical staff, and influence of important technology decisions.
- The role is expected to provide leadership on the most complex capabilities, involving multiple disciplines and business areas.
- Stakeholder & leadership Management
- Will have direct reports (over all team size about 20+). All UW software product engineering teams will report to the Senior Manager. Job Qualifications
- 10+ years of related IT experience.
- Prior product management experience and leading engineering teams.
- Application development experience using Java, Spring framework
- Prior PCF/AWS experience is highly desirable.
- Experience on Cloud architecture and cloud services.
- Aware of the external technology best practices and enabling adoption.
- Strong mentoring, coaching, and facilitation skills.
- Personal maturity and leadership qualities.
- Strong understanding and experience working within the Agile Methodology.
- Empathy and ability to manage by influence in matrixed organizations. Education
College Degree or equivalent work experience; 10+ years technical experience in systems support, design, implementation, and/or project management
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands(r).
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position. Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era. Department: Information Technology - provided by Dice Agile, Analysis, Architecture, Development, HTTP, Java, Lifecycle, Manager, Management, Product Engineering, Project, Project Management, Research, Video
Keywords: Allstate, Irving , Senior Technical Manager (Software Development), IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!