Software Engineer (Java/Agile)
Company: Allstate Insurance Company
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting,
rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent
protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you
make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here,
youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways
you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a
company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using
and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our
dynamic team of Agile Scrum developers based out of Irving. Our
goal is to build the Underwriting Products that supports the Risk
Management Strategy for Allstate Insurance Product. This team will
engineer software all day, every day, on a full-stack cloud
platform. Driving quality leveraging test-driven development with
continuous integration & continuous delivery is key to our
engineering approach. This is a tremendous opportunity to deliver
the next-generation Underwriting product for our end users. This
team will be working at our innovation hub in Irving, TX which will
provide the latest in modern equipment, healthy work spaces, and
engineering tools to accomplish our goals.Key Responsibilities
- Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the
team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a teams
- Leads & Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive
actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer
needs and wants in mind
- Provides input into the architecture and design of the product;
collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
- Practices daily collaborative programming and test driven
development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and
continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user
- Participates in knowledge sharing and contributes to the
overall growth of the collective knowledge of the Software Engineer
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer
- 5+ years of developing and implementing systems.
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts,
- Basic understanding of distributed systems, operating systems,
networking, databases, security, and analytics
- Experience developing software in different programming
languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages,
- Knowledge of developing REST APIs including service
discovery/registration, testing and management; experience using
API gateways a plus
- Experience in backend database development (relational/NoSQL)
- Knowledge of modern Database softwares like SQL, Redis, Mongo
DB, etc is a plus.
- Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge in
atleast one of testing frameworks like JUnit, mockito, Jest,
jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies is a
- Able to learn new technologies.
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit
to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a
competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards
package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and
dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus,
youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance
your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for
employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA)
1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a
discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a
prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by
refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a
veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the
Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information
regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information
regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals
available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken
on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability,
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical
condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race,
religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation
that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of
employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the
employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring,
training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment,
benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Keywords: Allstate Insurance Company, Irving , Software Engineer (Java/Agile), IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!