Network Security Consultant - Software Defined Perimer (SDP)
Posted on: August 17, 2019
What you'll be doing...
Are you ready to upgrade your career in security?
At Verizon we believe technology should help you achieve more. We
help businesses do exactly that almost daily - co-creating
innovative connected products, rapidly and securely deploying apps
in the cloud, managing employee-owned devices on a global scale,
and deflecting sophisticated hacker attacks. In support of our
world leading position in Cyber Security, we provide support for a
wide variety of security technologies.
As the Network Security Consultant you'll be supporting Verizon's
implementation and operational support services with an emphasis on
SDP skills. Candidates should also have good general technical
security knowledge, skills, and experience with other security
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Work with the biggest clients, delivering consulting on the
best-in-class security solutions and technologies.
- For small and medium projects, lead the technical design, build
and testing of solutions.
- For large projects, work as part of the technical delivery team
supporting design, build and delivery activities.
- Prepared to take ownership of your projects and their
- Comfortable working within cross-functional teams which
typically include sales, project management, managed services and
external 3rd parties.
- Maintain day to day records of project work to allow accurate
billing and reporting of consultancy time.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in SDP (Software Defined
- Experience with cloud security solutions.
- Experience working with and deploying SDP clients, controllers,
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Experience building SDP VM's.
- Experience with the configuration of network and firewalls to
enable communication back to the SDP administrative
- Experience or knowledge of Identity Provider integration.
- Administration of the SDP instances to add/modify/delete
instances of controllers, gateways, users and application
Even better if you have:
- A Degree.
- Five or more years of analytical and problem solving
- Cloud Security related certifications.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excels in ticket management, ensures that SLAs and OLAs are
- ITIL certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Network Security Consultant - Software Defined Perimer (SDP), IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!