Incident Response Manager
Posted on: August 17, 2019
What you'll be doing...
The Incident Response Manager Role will serve as the lead for the
Verizon Threat Management Center Incident Response Team (TMC-IR)
and will oversee a team of incident responders defending Verizon
from current and future cyber threats. Candidates should be
familiar with incident response processes, network investigative
techniques, network intrusion patterns, malware analysis, and cyber
security trends and issues.The manager will also serve as an
escalation point for high-visibility network security incidents and
should be able to perform functions such as log analysis, network
traffic and endpoint forensics, be able to draw together data from
disparate sources, and have experience coordinating large scale
incident response. This position plays a critical role in Verizon's
enterprise computing defense. Analysts are considered thought
leaders, should be willing to mentor and advise others, and will
drive the operational and strategic growth of the organization.
- Acts as Incident Commander for high impact cyber breaches and
advanced attack methods through using the Cyber Kill Chain
methodology as well as the TMC playbook based on NIST methods and
- Conducts malware analysis and identification of Indicators of
Compromise (IOCs) to evaluate incident scope and associated
- Drives the technical oversight and guidance required to support
junior and mid-career analysts during analysis efforts.
- Utilize analytic experience to address cyber-attacks and
mitigate indicators and correlations to identify attribution and
potential threat and impact to Verizon resources through the
following cybersecurity method of: Preparation for malicious
actions, identification of malicious actions, containment of a
security incident, eradication of the malicious software, and
- Enhance workflow and processes driving incident response and
- Provides incident response and ownership based on escalation
and handoff procedures from junior or mid-career team members.
- Executes the Incident Response Lifecycle to drive threat
remediation and identify strategic countermeasures improving future
- Expert leverage of Forensics techniques, tools, and
capabilities to support Cyber Incident Response activities.
- Leverage of Enterprise Anti-Virus, IDS, Full Packet Capture and
Host/Network Forensics Tools for Incident Response analysis.
- Provide leadership and guidance to advance the defensive
capabilities of the Threat Management Center (TMC) and its
subsequent ability to defend the Verizon Enterprise.
- Writes technical articles for knowledge sharing.
- Provides Training and Mentoring of junior and mid-career team
- Attracts, retains, and leads a team of employees by educating,
developing and managing them to deliver strong results.
- Responsible for all aspects of their team's performance
management activities including goal setting, conducting reviews,
check-ins and disciplinary action, as needed.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
Even better if you have:
- A Degree.
- Experience working with Incident Response processes,network
forensics and intrusion patterns, malware analysis, and cyber
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a high
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and mentoring
- Information Assurance or Cyber Experience in the
- Experience with malware reverse engineering.
- Experience in Cyber Intelligence or related disciplines.
- Understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP,
DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security
- Experience executing various Incident Response Frameworks and
- Program and Scripting Experience.
- Previous experience with Regex.
- Three or more years working in a Security Operations Center
- Proficient in understanding Operating Systems and their
architectures: Windows, Unix/Linux, and OSX Operating Systems.
- Demonstrates leadership and mentoring skills to help advance
the overall capabilities of the TMC organization.
- Strong communication, presentation, and leadership skills along
with the ability to work in a highly collaborative
- Experience presenting to executive and senior leadership.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable
success across multiple partners.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical
- Exhibits initiative, follow-up and follow through with
- Manages multiple priorities in a high pressure
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Six or more years of professional experience. This job role is
considered experienced with team management responsibility.
- Related Certification (A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP, GCIH,
GCFA, GCFE, GREM).
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Incident Response Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!