Technology Innovation Engineer- Senior
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Purpose of JobSynthesizes analyses, identifies root causes, and
develops and recommends key work products. Assembles key
participants and guides and facilitates teams in the development
and implementation of key initiatives. Execute applied research for
business and technical innovation purposes across any known,
future, or as of yet unknown set of business functions and/or
complex technologies. Develops business and technology gap
assessments, innovation forecasts, research recommendations, patent
opportunities, and specialized business and technology evaluations
based on complex analysis of business, technology, industry,
competitors, economic environment, legal/regulatory/political, and
suppliers. Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for
assigned area of responsibility. Provides insight to management on
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly - Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here,
we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11
million members who rely on us every day. We are over 3,000
employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team
built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100
Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently
named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
We are currently seeking a talented Technology Innovation Engineer
Senior for the Plano Legacy Office.Job Requirements
- Identify technology needs and solutions using highly developed
- Interact with appropriate experts from across the enterprise in
- Perform most complex research assessments, present findings to
technical, business, and mid-level management audiences, without
- Regularly interact with and maintain relationships with
counterparts internally, externally across IT.
- Begin to network regularly across EBO, and develop business
- Act as a technology subject matter expert providing assistance
across the enterprise in understanding and communicating technology
capabilities, limitations, risks, and opportunities.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of related experience beyond the
minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years relevant business support and/or general
technology research/analysis experience.
- Adequate coordination and people networking skills.
- Advanced demonstrated functional development skills in
infrastructure and architecture disciplines.
- Hardware and networking skills and advanced awareness of IT and
financial service industry.
- Demonstrated elevated degree of creative and innovative
- Advanced knowledge of J2EE technologies (Java, JDBC, Applets,
J2ME, PHP, Ajax/DHMTL, WAP, WML.
- *Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Strong people networking skills.
- Advanced demonstrated functional development skills in
infrastructure, architecture disciplines and financial service
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern technology platforms
(Blockchain, J2EE, Mobile, Cloud---).
- Ability to pick up new technologies or languages within
- Prior experience analyzing, researching, and prototyping, new
applications in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience experimenting; test and learn in a fast-paced
environmentDesired Characteristics:USAA Innovation Engineers create
innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment - - -
- Able to understand and translate business needs into
leading-edge technology - - -
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but
self-motivated - -
- Community-focused, dependable and committed
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
- Practical experience working with modern technologies such as
BlocThe above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation
assistance is -available for this position. - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -For
Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position
(from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's
approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply
to the opening is 09/10/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Irving , Technology Innovation Engineer- Senior, IT / Software / Systems , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!