Pre-Analytical I Asst - Irving, TX req33478
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Pre-Analytical I Asst- Irving, Texas - Tuesday - Saturday 12 AM -
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians
rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help
them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious
decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity,
tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing
clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in the
industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and
knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about
the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our
success and provide a critical service responding to the often
pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it
offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession
offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a
competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own
Pre-Analytical Assistant I is responsible for general
support functions within the Technical Operations Department.
1. Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the
Pre-Analytical Assistant I, and develops an understanding of how
all the functions in Tech Ops and Specimen Processing work together
and how they impact Technical departments and result quality.
2. Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information
etc., with regard to sorting, racking, centrifuging, delivery, and
storage of specimens; is able to resolve or forward information in
support of timely problem resolution.
3. Demonstrates an understanding of compliance policies related to
test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test
order information on translation tables, computer system, and the
directory of services.
4. Meets quality and production standards within 6 months of
5. Completes all required written documentation such that it is
understandable to others, legible and within the assigned time
6. Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines;
supports the department's performance in the event of coworker
7. Learns additional functions within Tech Ops and Specimen
Processing to allow timely progression to the next level.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production
2. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff both verbally
3. Maintains composure while working under pressure.
4. Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action
to take in resolving problems.
5. Adheres to Quest Diagnostics' Core Values, safety, compliance
and work process policies and procedures.
6. Works in a biohazard environment, in compliance with all
applicable safety requirements.
7. Keeps work area neat and clean; complies with 5S workplace
8. Able to sit, stand or walk for long periods; able to lift up to
50 lbs.; maneuver large carts and/or racks with specimens.
9. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive
10. Demonstrates work assignment flexibility and ability to adapt
11. Must have some flexibility with regard to work schedule.
12. Minimal data entry skills.
13. Good organizational skills.
14. Understanding of specimen types related to test(s) ordered.
15. Clinical department requirements with regard to specimen types
and quantity needed for each test, specimen handling and
16. Understanding of compliance regulations related to test
ordering which may change on a daily basis.
17. Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to change and pursuit of
18. Commitment to fulfilling internal and external customer
requirements in the course of carrying out routine position
19. Willingness to actively contribute to a team based working
20. Ability and willingness to support the goals of the department
with regard to staffing needs on weekends, holidays, on call and
21. Tasks and responsibilities must be performed with confidence,
accuracy and in a timely manner.
22. Performance task proficiency includes but is not limited to the
following manual functions:- sorting- racking- pickup and delivery
of specimens to the laboratory- specimen storage [this position
might also be trained to run the sorters in archive mode]-
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology
applicable to a clinical laboratory.
3. Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
4. Prefer familiarity with mainframe computer operating
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Irving , Pre-Analytical I Asst - Irving, TX req33478, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!