Full-Time Site Controls Specialist MAINTENANCE MECHANIC CONTROLS
Outlined below are the minimum eligibility requirements for a
Mechanic Specialist position. This criteria was established to best
meet the maintenance needs of the electrical and control systems at
the Irving Plant. These lists primarily address the maintenance
requirements of the processing and packaging areas. The selected
applicants will have responsibility for assisting maintenance
technicians in resolving all electrical and controls issues with
minimal guidance. Though these positions will primarily deal with
electrical and control issues, general support of the ongoing
maintenance functions at the site will be expected, on an as needed
basis. Identification, follow up, and resolution of root causes,
including equipment parts reliability and availability, preventive
maintenance system effectiveness, and operator and mechanic skill
development opportunities, will be a major area of responsibility
for this position. Excellent communication skills and people skills
will be expected in order to support training initiatives and
address the skill development needs of the Technician Workforce at
In the flow of qualifying individuals for this position, written
and hands-on qualification test may be given to ensure the
selection of the most qualified applicant for this position.
MINIMUM BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR MECHANIC SPECIALIST
1. Knowledge of electrical symbols and identifications.
2. Able to read and understand electrical schematics.
3. Knowledge of NEC codes pertaining to electrical equipment and
machinery, and related OSHA
4. Experienced in trouble shooting and resolving electrical
problems in accordance with GMP
5. Experienced and knowledgeable on the electrical systems and
electrical equipment in the
processing and packaging areas.
6. Experienced in working with and trouble shooting MCC
equipment (High Voltage & Low Voltage).
7. Experienced in working with and trouble shooting various
three phase, high voltage transformers
with combination primary and secondary connections.
8. Experienced in working with and trouble shooting AC and DC
9. Experienced in working with and trouble shooting the
following AC VFD equipment
10. Experienced in working with DVOMs, Meggers, and high voltage
11. Owner of the annual electrical system thermal integrity
12. Maintains and updates the plant electrical drawings and
1. Knowledge of electronic symbols and identifications.
2. Able to read and understand electronic schematics and
3. Knowledge of NEC and ISA codes pertaining to electronic
equipment and devices, and related
OSHA safety issues.
4. Experienced in trouble shooting and resolving electronic
problems in accordance with GMP guidelines.
5. Experienced and knowledgeable on electronic systems and
electronic equipment in the processing
6. Experienced and knowledgeable on the following devices:
CONTROLLERS: AB PLC/5, Omoron, Honeywell, etc.
TRANSMITTERS: Rosemount, Delta, Hyde Park, Honeywell, etc.
FLOW METERS: Rosemount, Johnson Yokogawa etc.
ANALYZERS: MM55, Enerac Combustion Analyzer, etc.
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC CONTROLS SPECIALIST (CONTINUED)
7. Experienced in using the following electronic test
DVOM, Oscilloscope, Signal generator, Chart recorder.
8. Proficient in trouble shooting analog I/O, digital I/O, and
4-20 MA current loops.
9. Proficient in trouble shooting and tuning PID loops (single
10. Proficient in trouble shooting and calibrating all
instruments utilizing digital communication devices
such as a Hart 275 or Yokogawa Brain Terminal
PLC AND MMI PROGRAMMING AND TROUBLE SHOOTING:
1. Proficient in utilizing AB RSLogix programming software to
add functionality to new and existing installations.
2. Good understanding of ladder logic and it's underlying
3. Proficient with configuration and trouble shooting of PLCs
(hardware & software links).
4. Experienced with configuration and analysis of Analog
Input/Output cards (BTR, BTW).
5. Knowledge of Wonderware and Viewpoint MMIs, and their
6. Experienced in troubleshooting and resolving board level
problems with OITs.
7. Experienced in all networking topologies such as Ethernet,
DH+, Remote I/O, DeviceNet,
8. Experienced in building and installing software such as
Windows OS, Wonderware, DDE/Suitelink
drivers, backup software, etc.
9. Familiar with InSQL server software and report generation
1. Responsible for maintaining the plant backup of all OIT
applications and PLC programs
2. Conduct training for mechanics as required on new and
3. Assist/lead electrical/controls integration of capital
projects throughout the plant
The applicants must understand that these positions will require
hard work, extensive technical reading, and continuous learning to
keep up with the technology that is associated with positions in
this sophisticated field. The applicants must have a willingness to
transfer learnings to others to help build the overall technical
competence of the entire organization.
Site Controls Specialist's hours of work vary by assigned
location. This position offers a competitive base pay plus
incentives which includes health care benefits, retirement and
savings benefits such as pension, 401(k) and much more. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or
disability status. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority /
Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other
applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police
Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the
Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the
Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.