Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Job Title: Designated Pilot Examiner Location: Portland, OR
(Remote) Contract: 6+ months What you'll be doing... As the Drone
Standards and Safety Pilot you will oversee internal pilot flight
proficiency and organizational compliance programs. Working with
other flight personnel as well as Aviation Services you will help
design and stand-up this program. Not only will you be integral to
shaping this program, you will also be the primary pilot
responsible for internal proficiency checks and organizational
compliance evaluations.You will help expand aviation operations and
safety culture while also developing the next generation of drone
pilots from within the company.Responsibilities
- Work with other members of the standards and safety group to
develop a practical testing program that includes annual practical
tests standards as well as spot-check practical tests.
- Qualify other internal examiners within the company as trainers
and examiners. Ensure that all practical tests are administered on
- Develop internal proficiency standards for flight time
minimums, iteration minimums, and other related currency
- Oversee flight standardization of Part 107 waivers or any
granted drone operator certificates.
- Conduct or coordinate for the execution of internal readiness
training within the company.
- Support internal proficiency practical test standards
development within business units to help responsible organizations
ensure standardized and proficiency-checked internal standards for
things such as internal use of drones for tower or building
inspections or related to drones used for disaster response.
- Lead the development of proficiency and compliance programs
should the FAA develop drone-specific practical tests.
- Organizational internal compliance and certification.
- Work with other aviation personnel to develop organizational
internal compliance and certification programs for internal drone
- Work with other personnel to maintain aviation safety,
hazardous material, PPE, and other related safety programs.
- Work with personnel to maintain and develop internal mishap and
accident response procedures. You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Over 1000 cumulative combined flight hours with a current Part
107 certificate with at least three years' experience in drone
operations, Advanced Ground Instructor, Certified Flight
Instructor, Designated Pilot Examiner or similar military
qualification (standardization pilot course)
- Five years applied instructor experience teaching student
pilots with at least three years of experience teaching drone
flight procedures or administering drone pilot evaluations
- At least two years operational experience as a drone pilot in a
professional, commercial, or governmental use case
- Willingness to travel - Travel is 20 percent on an annual
basis. Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience as a maintenance test pilot, experimental test
pilot, standardization pilot or similar and/or experience as a
drone pilot involved in new product development
- Advanced degree related to aviation (Masters preferred)
- Knowledge with the technical and business components of
- Experience working within a Safety Management System
- Current Part 61 Commercial Pilot Certificate
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm about the drone industry and
technology in general. EEO EmployerApex Systems is an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical
conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered
domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a
crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation,
union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you
have visited our website in search of information on employment
opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation in using our website for a search or application,
please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by
Keywords: Apex Systems, Irving , Pilot Examiner, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!