Company: Techno-Comp, Inc.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Hi, This is Neha from Techno-Comp Inc. We have a job opening
with our direct client for position Cassandra TX. Please find the
job details below and let me know if you have any candidates
available. Job Details:Job Title: Cassandra DBADuration: Long
TermLocation: Irving, TXInterview: Telephonic & WebExRemote: Until
Covid-19 settles MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):What you'll be
doing...This position will be responsible to manage Enterprise wide
Oracle and Cassandra Database environments
- Supporting multiple Order rewire suite of applications for B2C
& B2B customers.
- Managing SDLC life cycle for multiple applications.
- Production / Development engagement
- Emerging technology development
- Security Management
- Capacity / Performance planning / Availability Management
- Change Management
- Cloud Migration Responsibilities:
- Extensive experience managing highly-available, large,
multi-datacenter Cassandra clusters in production, in a
platform/infrastructure/DBA role, preferably in a Cloud
- Experience scaling Cassandra clusters to support high
read/write throughput and tuning Cassandra & the JVM for
low-latency response times.
- Solid understanding of Cassandra data modeling patterns and
anti-patterns; experience working closely with development teams to
design & optimize database schema based on application access
- Experience scripting administrative tasks using python or shell
scripts. (If you've written larger scripts or apps with python,
- Experience with configuration management and source control
systems (Ansible, Git).
- Solid grasp of Unix/Linux operating system management &
- Prior experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Extensive experience in Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure with
particular reference to provisioning, security, and management.
Design AWS infrastructure to move local applications to public &
- Design complex solutions which integrate AWS cloud, on premise
physical and Virtual server, EC2, S3 storage, networking and
security. Conduct systems design, feasibility and cost studies and
recommend cost-effective cloud solutions
- Develop standardized AMI images and Cloud formation automation
scripts for building non-prod and prod environments on AWS
- Design, deploy and support highly available and scalable
distributed Cassandra (Datastax OR Apache) database solutions for
high transactions mission critical applications.
- Develop data models and perform planning of architecture,
functions, modules, recovery, standards and implementation
- Installations, configurations and monitoring DataStax
Enterprise cluster and/or open source Cassandra cluster
- Maintain and develop data models, structures, and procedures to
ensure the integrity and performance of database components
- Work with internal and external customers to develop new
value-added programs and data solutions with existing data
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data
relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements,
and data output and reporting capabilities
- Research and evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions for
- Create ad-hoc reports utilizing various data sources
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing
performance and providing increased functionality
- 24*7 on-call operations for mission critical application.
- Must have good verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation
skills. What we're looking for...You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience. Even better if
- Certifications in Cassandra and/or AWS
- Scripting in Python, Jenkins etc is a big plus.
- As a Cassandra Engineer, you will work with development and SRE
teams to review application data models and traffic requirements;
identify data model issues and potential bottlenecks; recommend
schema design changes, compaction strategies, & other improvements.
- Performance tuning of Cassandra clusters to support high
read/write throughput while minimizing latency.
- Analysis of database access patterns to isolate hotspots, data
model problems, and other bottlenecks.
- Plan, test, and execute standard cluster maintenance activities
& Cassandra version upgrades.
- Perform proactive capacity planning and forecasting based on
database usage patterns and new business initiatives.
- Establish standards and best practices for operating a
high-performance, distributed NoSQL computing environment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot production issues as needed.
- Communication, coordination and planning with Engineering, SRE
and development teams. Neha
Inc - 200 Centennial Avenue, Suite # 207, Piscataway, NJ - 08854
neham (at) technocompinc (dot) com - X 110 - provided by Dice
Keywords: Techno-Comp, Inc., Irving , Cassandra DBA, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!