Banking Operations Analyst
Company: Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
Posted on: May 3, 2021
FHLB Dallas actively pursues dedicated and hardworking
individuals to be a part of our professional team. Positions are
offered on an as-needed basis for all departments. View our current
opportunities by clicking the View Open Positions tab above.
- Utilizing advanced data gathering tools (SQL, Power BI),
analyze transactions (Safekeeping, Letters of Credit, Wires) to
ensure current areas of risk are appropriately managed.
- Be a subject matter expert on all aspects of the Banking
Operations department and be able to assist Members and internal
partners in all areas of the department (Safekeeping, Letters of
Credit, Member Maintenance and Wires). Represent Banking Operations
on Member calls, in workshops and other sessions where Safekeeping
and Wires expertise is needed.
- Review Member initiated transactions (Safekeeping, Letters of
Credit, Wires and Maintenance) to ensure transactions have been
appropriately initiated and are not in violation of current
policies or procedures. Exercise sound judgment in processing and
release of any non-Member initiated transactions.
- Responsible for compliance with department internal controls,
policies, procedures, FHFA and other regulations. Suggest updates
to procedures and assist with the annual review to ensure
procedures and policies reflect most current operating environment.
- Responsible for monitoring FHLB's Federal Reserve account
balance throughout the day to ensure sufficient account balances
are maintained. Manage the end of day cash position for the Bank by
communicating changes to Treasury. Provide assistance to Treasury
Department or Accounting on internal wires and Members on external
wires, by ensuring all wires are released in accordance with
policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and owning the process of Member
mergers, acquisition, receivership, termination, or liquidations.
Coordinate the handling of any outstanding obligations, capital
stock, membership status and any other accounts/services held with
the Bank and process accordingly. Coordinate with the Member,
Non-Member, FDIC, or Agency for these or any other relationship
changes as applicable.
- Responsible for OFAC/BSA/AML validation of all Bank
transactions/requests that are or may become applicable by
regulation or Bank policy. Determine quality of hits to decide when
to complete additional research that must be preserved for support
of decision to accept, block, hold, or report an entity or
transaction. Ensure the Bank is operating with the most current
OFAC list and update as needed.
- Identify out of ordinary processing, potential fraud or other
areas that may result in potential exposure and recommend
corrective action to protect the Bank and its members. Be able to
identify and resolve problems in Bank and escalate or resolve as
- Provides prompt, courteous service to all internal and external
customers. Assist in departmental and group cross-training to
enhance staff skill building in other areas of the department and
- Ensure all required reporting (daily, weekly and monthly) is
delivered as requested by Members and other third parties.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or other business
- 1 or more years of work experience with SQL or another like
tool gathering and analyzing transactional data
- 2 or more years of work experience related to the financial
analysis of financial institutions, which includes a broad
understanding of operation and performance standards as well as
experience in back-office operations with an emphasis in Wires,
ACH, Safekeeping, or Credit Functions preferred.
- Strong analytical skills. The ability to analyze financial data
such as balance sheets, income statements and regulatory
- Ability to manage workload, set priorities, and exercise sound
judgement while meeting goals and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational
skills combined with ability to plan, organize and carry out
multiple project assignments.
- Proficient PC skills
FHLB Dallas Offers a Professional, Inclusive Culture
FHL Bank Dallas employees are committed to and exemplify the
- Service to our members is first and foremost
- All business will be conducted honestly and ethically
- Each employee contributes to customer service by directly
serving our members or supporting those who do
- Interaction with members should focus on building professional
relationships and helping customers achieve their goals
- Cooperation and teamwork throughout and across all levels of
FHLB Dallas are essential to its effectiveness
- Colleagues and members will be treated with the utmost respect
FHLB Dallas provides equal employment opportunity to all
individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age,
marital status, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or national
origin. FHLB Dallas will consider for employment all persons on an
individual basis consistent with job-related criteria without
regard to visible and non-visible disabilities. Equal opportunity
applies to all employment practices, including recruitment,
screening, hiring, compensation and training, as well as other
conditions and privileges of employment.
Keywords: Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas, Irving , Banking Operations Analyst, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!