The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International
applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please
use the 'Apply' option.
Claims Representative Auto Liability
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join
Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe.
Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits
and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the
heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations
count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they
face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether
they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or
damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto
or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the
birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to
provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend
on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable
assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At
Sedgwick, caring counts. Join our team of creative and caring
people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the
lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To analyze and process low to mid-level auto
and transportation claims.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes auto property damage and lower level injury claims;
assesses damage, makes payments, and ensures claim files are
properly documented and correctly coded based on the policy.
- Develops and maintains action plans to ensure state required
contract deadlines are met and to move the file towards prompt and
- Identifies and pursues subrogation opportunities; secures and
disposes of salvage.
- Communicates claim action/processing with insured, client, and
agent or broker when appropriate.
- Maintains professional client relations.
- Performs coverage, liability, and damage analysis on all claims
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
preferred. Secure and maintain the State adjusting licenses as
required for the position.
Three (3) years of personal line or commercial line property
claims management experience or equivalent combination of education
and experience required to include knowledge of construction
basics. Property estimating software experience a plus.
Skills & Knowledge
- Familiarity with personal and commercial lines policies and
- Ability to review and assess Property Damage estimates, total
loss evaluations, and related expenses to effectively negotiate
first and third party claims.
- Knowledge of total loss processing, State salvage forms and
- Excellent oral and written communication, including
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Service Expectations
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent
judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and
discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to
handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background
credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a
colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to
constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local
variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change
the duties of the position at any time.
at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free