Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Category: Business Management Location: Irving, Texas US
Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: Yes -May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for
this position Shift: 1st Shift Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the
Time Positions Available: 1
Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that
bring different perspectives, are curious about the world,
accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas,
backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more
innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented
workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values,
leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation. Northrop
Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking qualified candidates for an
Principal Accountant role in Irving, TX; Baltimore, MD; or McLean,
VA; with part-time Telework. The position has responsibilities to
include the following International Accounting tasks:
- Coordinates the month end, quarter, and year end accounting
- Prepares and reviews journal entries
- Prepares and validates month end financial statements and
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to record
transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Analyzes monthly trial balances
- Maintains the MSD chart of accounts
- Performs account reconciliations and resolve reconciling items
for owned accounts
- Performs intercompany accounting, to include Focus Country and
- Assist General Accounting team members as needed with a variety
of Accounting tasks
Additional responsibilities in this role include but are not
- Work effectively with geographically dispersed team and
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial
information and prepare financial reports. Responsible for the
adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts,
practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices.
Independently demonstrates the skill and ability to perform fairly
complex professional tasks.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer
to established precedents and policies.
- Performs fairly complex tasks and participates in determining
objectives of assignment. Plan schedules and arranges own
activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon
completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on projects.
Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on
significant matters often requiring coordination between
organizations. May develop and deliver presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
with at least 6 years' of relevant experience or a master's degree
with 4 years' of relevant experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and
- SAP and MSD expertise
- Familiarity with GAAP, FAR, CAS, IFRS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Irving , Principal Accountant, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!