Assistant Meat Manager
Company: Fiesta Mart
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Assistant Meat Managers will assist the Meat manager in
training, observing, and enforcing all company policies and
procedures. In the absence of department manager, they will assume
overall operation of the department, including ordering, training
and scheduling. They must follow approved procedures for receiving
product, price marking, and restocking cases to ensure quality
protection, accuracy, and product rotation. They will follow all
inventory control procedures to maximize product freshness,
quality, turnover and availability for sale.
- In the absence of the Meat Manager is responsible for the
overall operation of the Meat department.
- Responsible with the Meat Manager for the performance and
supervision of all meat employees.
- Readies the department for business according to company
standards and assists the manager in accomplishing operating
- Offers suggestions to customers to provide alternatives;
assists customers with special requests and answer questions about
meat products; exceed customer expectations by providing superior
service. Resolve customer complaints to the full satisfaction of
- Properly merchandise and price product in attractive displays
according to company standards.
- Responsible to the Meat Manager for the enforcement of all
company policies and procedures relative to meat employees and all
areas of the department.
- Oversee and manage receipt, weight, and breakdown of meats
(includes cutting and trimming) and related products.
- Responsible for inventory, security, and expense control of the
- Makes regular inspections to ensure company standards are being
met and enforce company's policies and procedures as they relate to
the department's operation.
- Assists in training of department personnel and notifies the
department manager of any personnel issues. May assist employees in
the performance of routine departmental functions as needed.
- Prepares weekly work schedules based upon projected sales,
volume and workload. Completes or maintains all mandatory records
or reports in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Cleans/maintains work area; uses proper procedures for cleaning
of equipment; cleans and sanitizes cutting surfaces often and at
- Support and model safety in the department; communicate
expectations with regard to working safely; continuously observe
employees to ensure safety is an important part of every employee's
work; recognize and reward employees who consistently work
Secondary Job Duties:
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to extract and analyze data and use data to plan,
project, identify problems, etc.
- Ensure department associates adhere to company dress code
standard (i.e. name tags, personal hygiene, etc.)
- Present a favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and
to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Experience in meat operation including merchandising, ordering,
inventorying and pricing.
- Extensive knowledge of all meat products.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%,
- Never-Sitting, balancing, manual dexterity and crawling.
- Occasionally- climbing up to 8 foot height, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, talking, and smelling.
- Frequently- Carrying up to 80 lbs., pushing and pulling up to
300 lbs., lifting up to 80 lbs., and bending.
- Continuously- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on
tile/concrete, reaching waist/overhead level, seeing, and
Safety Risk Factors:
- Never- hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Occasionally- Contact with skin irritant, toxic exposure (see
Material Safety Data Sheets), and nuisance dust, fumes,
- Frequently-Loud noise, twisting of back and neck, and slippery
or cluttered floor surface.
- Continuously- hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts),
and contact with sharp objects.
- Varied, irregular schedules.
- Working environment involves inside, outside, cold, and
Keywords: Fiesta Mart, Irving , Assistant Meat Manager, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!