Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: May 3, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
We are honored that you are considering Visible as your next
place of employment. Visible is the first all-digital wireless
carrier in the U.S. Named by Fast Company as one of the most
innovative companies in the world, Visible offers unlimited
messages, minutes, and data, on Verizon's Network. Visible is
designed to fundamentally change the way millions of consumers sign
up for and manage their phone service. Although headquartered in
Denver, we have a permanent Work from Home Structure, and our team
members work remotely.
The Visible Engineering Team is seeking a Lead Engineer. Visible
is building a next generation cloud mobile network platform,
pushing the boundaries of the traditional mobile carrier. We're
looking for innovative engineers who are passionate about writing
code and unafraid of solving big problems. The position is for a
Lead Engineer on our Member Growth engineering team, contributing
to the design and development of the platform and services that
keep our customers happy. You will bring creative ideas and energy
to the team, take calculated risks with a bias to action, and
challenge our thinking with a disagree and commit mentality.
- Hands on software contribution - Identify when and how best to
carve out platform functionality from a monolith into
microservices, while balancing the ongoing needs of the
- Technical guidance and mentoring - Advocate for best in class
developer experience in tooling, engineering processes and code
- Learn from and mentor others and participate in MR reviews to
continually raise the bar in our collaboration and our technical
- Uplift platform quality - Strike the right balance between
quality and speed, making responsible technical and functional
tradeoffs to delivery on our goals; incorporating technical debt
and platform maintenance as a cornerstone of our engineering focus
alongside feature development.
- Stakeholder management - Work across a complex ecosystem of
technical and business partners to bring our strategic vision to
reality, over and over again; communicating effectively when
surprises come up and helping the team to work through dependencies
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in computer science or related field.
- Hands on fluency in either Golang or Java/Spring.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment, shipping code
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Experience in software application development.
- Hand On Experience with Salesforce and the Vlocity
- Experience with Apigee as an API proxy.
- Experience on an infrastructure or platform team.
- Familiar with modern observability tools (e.g. Splunk, New
- Understanding of frontend web and mobile application
architectures and frameworks.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Irving , Lead Engineer, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!