To assist in the handling and transportation of baggage as
needed by Supervisor(s).
A. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous airport and/or customer service experience
3. Previous baggage handling experience preferred.
4. Must be 18 years of age or older.
5. Must have a reliable telephone and transportation.
B. PERSONAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be able to work inside and/or outside in all weather
conditions if requested. (Mostly indoor work)
2. Treat all information as confidential.
3. Poses the tact to deal effectively with Clients, Passengers,
Employees and the Public.
4. Must be able to sit, stand, lift, and/or bend throughout
5. Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, and/or hold at least
6. Physical exam may be required to confirm above.
7. Must be able to perceive colors to match tags.
8. Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
9. Must complete a criminal background check.
10. Must be able to read, write, understand and carry out
instructions in English both verbal and written.
11. Must meet necessary requirements to obtain a security
sensitive identification badge.
12. Must be able to verbally direct in English.
13. Must be a citizen of the United States or possess the
necessary authorization from the Immigration and Naturalization
1. Assist in the handling and transportation of baggage as
2. Transport checked baggage from one location to the
3. Attend and pass re-current training as required.
4. Must be familiar with all FAA/Airline/Company
5. Keep supervisor informed of needs and problems in assigned
areas, maintain cleanliness of immediate work area and report
6. Project a positive image and respond to inquiries from
airlines, staff and public in a courteous manner.
7. Attend meetings and inservices as required.
8. Utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain
records, reports and files as required.
9. Must be attired in proper uniform or business attire as
directed by company officials and identification must always be
10. Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in
achievement of company objectives.
11. Utilize company and client equipment, supplies and resources
in a conscientious, cost effective manner.
12. Perform other duties as requested
13. Comply with all safety requirements to include only using
equipment that you have been trained on, immediately reporting
unsafe conditions and workplace injuries, wearing proper PPE, and
attending required safety training.