Investments & Derivatives Analyst II
Company: Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
Posted on: May 3, 2021
FHLB Dallas actively pursues dedicated and hardworking
individuals to be a part of our professional team. Positions are
offered on an as-needed basis for all departments. View our current
opportunities by clicking the View Open Positions tab above.
- Updates and maintains the investment accounting system for all
transactions related to investments, debt instruments, interest
rate derivatives, other financial instruments and any associated
- Performs a detailed review of all information on each assigned
trade ticket, broker confirmation, and other pertinent trade
documentation to ensure accuracy. Monitors trades for compliance
with the Bank's investments, derivatives, hedging, and accounting
- Performs daily cash settlement for investments, debt issuances,
and derivative instruments including cash collateral. Ensures the
accounting and cash movements throughout the life of the trades are
timely and accurate.
- Assures compliance with ASC320 and ASC 815 on all new and
existing transactions. Provides hedge documentation for each
transaction and enters hedging information into the derivatives
- Evaluates balance sheet account reconciliations for financial
instruments, including cash, investments, debt and derivatives to
ensure proper accounting and timely resolution of reconciling
- Prepares accounting calculations, analyses and journal entries
for prepaid advance modification analyses, financing elements, OTTI
securities, ASC 815-45 (FIN 39), and mandatorily redeemable capital
- Conducts research on major accounting issues through review of
FASB Statements and other accounting related literature related to
financial instruments. Documents and applies appropriate accounting
policies and procedures.
- Reports any non-compliance with GAAP to the Chief Accounting
Officer and the Director of Internal Audit.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree with a major in accounting or finance. CPA or
- 4-6 years of progressive experience in accounting for
investments, mortgage loans and derivative instruments with a major
financial institution, a broker/dealer and/or a public accounting
firm.. Experience working in a broker/dealer back office a
- Significant knowledge of relevant accounting pronouncements
related to investment and derivative instruments and mortgage loans
including ASC 310, ASC 320, ASC 815 and ASC 860.
- Experience working with investment and derivative accounting
systems a plus.
- Strong skills in MS Excel including familiarity with pivot
tables, VLookups and VBA required. SQL query and SQL based report
writing skills a plus.
FHLB Dallas Offers a Professional, Inclusive Culture
FHL Bank Dallas employees are committed to and exemplify the
- Service to our members is first and foremost
- All business will be conducted honestly and ethically
- Each employee contributes to customer service by directly
serving our members or supporting those who do
- Interaction with members should focus on building professional
relationships and helping customers achieve their goals
- Cooperation and teamwork throughout and across all levels of
FHLB Dallas are essential to its effectiveness
- Colleagues and members will be treated with the utmost respect
FHLB Dallas provides equal employment opportunity to all
individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age,
marital status, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or national
origin. FHLB Dallas will consider for employment all persons on an
individual basis consistent with job-related criteria without
regard to visible and non-visible disabilities. Equal opportunity
applies to all employment practices, including recruitment,
screening, hiring, compensation and training, as well as other
conditions and privileges of employment.
Keywords: Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas, Irving , Investments & Derivatives Analyst II, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!