Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
About Abbott Diagnostics
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast,
accurate diagnosis. Abbotts life-changing tests and diagnostic
tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and
transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare
operations with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation
and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood
centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Location / Summary
Our location in Irving, TX, currently has an opportunity for
Principal Electrical Engineer to design, build and modify test
fixtures for the test verification of a complex electromechanical
system. Additionally, they will, investigate, troubleshoot and
provide recommended solutions to mechanical issues for a complex
What Youll Do
- Uses PCB layout tools to design circuit boards for test
fixtures for the System Development and Reliability teams.
- Fabricates simple logic boards on-site.
- Leads and manages vendors to provide PCBs to control
electro-mechanical test fixtures.
- Receives parts, accepts parts or rejects parts and gets part
- Analyzes, evaluates and plans methods of approach to, and
organizes a means to achieve, the solution of complex technical
- Responsible for delivering working assemblies to the
engineering teams that can be used in test verification and
reliability testing activities.
- Uses logic analyzers, oscilloscopes and any other relevant
measuring tools to troubleshoot PCB or power issues for a complex
electromechanical IVD system.
- Responsible the Electrical Engineering lab for permitting
access to qualified users and ensuring cleanliness, availability
and usability of electrical engineering lab and its tools to
- Leads or serves as principal technical resource for instrument
development and product support projects.
- Designs testing fixtures.
- Fabricates components for test fixtures or manages the
fabrication process at vendors.
- Delivers working systems that meets the needs of the Systems
Development and Reliability teams.
- Investigates and troubleshoots electrical, electronic and power
issues for an IVD system and provides recommendations for
corrections to technical management.
- Will manage Electrical Engineering lab: responsible for
permitting access to qualified users and ensuring cleanliness,
availability and usability of electrical engineering lab and its
tools to qualified users.
Education And Experience Youll Bring
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering field or equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
- 7+ years of progressive work experience.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- 12+ years of relevant work experience
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in designing digital and analog products including
microprocessor systems and communication subsystems
- Experience using electrical circuit design tools
- Experience designing in programmable logic device design
- Experience designing motor control circuits
- Understanding of video formatting
- Working knowledge of EMI/EMC standards
- Familiarity with Siemens Team Center, JIRA, and Confluence a
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and