Data Analytics Engineer
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: May 3, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You will be working in the Network Technology & IT organization
and will be working closely and partnering with Network Planning,
Engineering and process organizations to drive the Technology
- Design, architect, develop and deploy software programs to
implement the Network Systems business functionality.
- Work as AI/ML lead in designing and developing solutions using
AI/ML technologies to solve business problems.
- Work in Data Analysis and Data Mining technologies to identify
data patterns, secure data integrity and support data management
- Work with Business, Process and Architecture teams to analyze
the requirements, convert the business and technical requirements
to Software design.
- Coordinate with stake holders across Business and IT to
implement the solutions end to end and deploy in production.
What we're looking for...
You're curious about new technology and the possibilities it
creates. You like solving problems and quickly resolving
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or four
or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch)
and libraries (like scikit-learn).
- Coding experience in Python and Java.
- Knowledge of AI/ML and demonstrated how to build insights from
existing data, train models to learn as new data arrives and
incorporate the learning into existing data.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree.
- Experience in monitoring and supporting large-scale & highly
available systems in a 24/7 environment.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies.
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Two or more years of experience in administration of multi-node
Hortonworks Hadoop platform.
- Experience in administration of Splunk or Tableau.
- Experience in development of microservices and deploying in
Docker / Kubernetes.
- Strong in UNIX, Linux and Shell scripting, Perl, PHP,
- Knowledge of Apache PIG.
- Certifications like HDP Certified Administrator (HDPCA), or any
other Hadoop, Linux Certification.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations
and lead cross-functional teams.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick and solutions to
resolve complex issues.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Irving , Data Analytics Engineer, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!