Date: Apr 28, 2021
Location: IRVING, TX, US, 75038
This position is responsible for purchasing and negotiating
materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors. Evaluates vendor
quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers. Familiar
with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Forecast likely levels of demand for services, products and/or
component parts to be used in any manufacturing process.
- Develop market knowledge and contacts for new products and
- Presenting ideas on new products and suppliers to
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations based on commercial and
- Process payments and invoices.
- Liaison with users and other relevant parties.
- Monitor stock levels to maximize business efficiency.
- Attend meetings and trade conferences.
- Visit distribution centers and suppliers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree and 5-8 years of purchasing experience.
- Any equivalent combination of related education and/or
experience may be considered for the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Experience analyzing trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
Skills in examining and re-engineering operations and
procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new
strategies and procedures.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to prepare bids, requests for quotes, and proposals in
compliance with policies.
- Computer skills.
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with
applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We
assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods
depends solely on your qualifications.
Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action
employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment
process because of a medical condition or disability, please send
an e-mail or call 972.232.5200 to let us know the nature of your
Nearest Major Market: Irving
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Engineer, Engineering
Apply now "