2 SY: Emergency Management Coordinator - Central Office
Company: Irving Independent School District
Posted on: May 3, 2021
IRVING INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
JOB TITLE: Emergency Management Coordinator WAGE/HOUR STATUS:
REPORTS TO: Director of School Safety & PAYGRADE: Admin / Prof
Security (261 Days)
DEPARTMENT: School Safety & Security DATE REVISED: 01/2021
A Letter of Reasonable Assurance will be issued for this
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide leadership, coordinate, implement the
district's Emergency Management program.
* Bachelor's Degree required, Major in Emergency Management,
Homeland Security, Criminal Justice or related field.
* Meet state certification requirements as needed.
* Familiarity with all aspects of school emergency management.
* Knowledge of specialized emergency response systems, current laws
and trends in emergency management.
* Must possess strong organizational, communication, management and
* The ability to prepare detailed reports and correspondence as
* The ability to form and maintain good working relationships with
all levels of district staff and with collaborative emergency
management partners in the community and other districts.
* Must have the ability to prepare and deliver detailed
presentations to a variety of groups and maintain composure and
control under stress.
A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in
emergency management, public safety or related field.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Coordinate District-wide Emergency Response and Crisis Management
* Assist in developing, monitoring, reviewing, and improving the
district's emergency management plans based on applicable laws,
disaster research and industry best practices.
* Consistently conduct site visits to perform emergency management
drill assessments at each campus and district facility.
* Oversee the development of emergency management training modules
for Irving ISD staff.
* Oversee the development of the district Emergency Operations Plan
and Annexes, including Campus Emergency Operations Plans.
* Coordinate the development of Irving ISD's campus reunification
* Design, conduct and assess emergency tabletop and functional
* Collect, organize, and analyze safety and security audit
* Help develop, revise and implement emergency training
* Assist in coordinating the efforts of the school safety and
* Help seek, secure, and manage safety and security-related
* Help prepare and manage contracts with outside agencies and
* Serve as the district emergency management liaison to Dallas
County, Irving Emergency Management Department and other local,
state and federal agencies as needed.
* Collect, organize and develop data for after-action analyses
after critical incidents.
* Coordinate emergency management internship program during summer
months in conjunction with Irving ISD's Signature Studies
Mental Demands: Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse
group of employees and supervisors with varied management styles
and personalities. Maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Extensive district wide
travel; prolonged hours; occasional irregular work hours. Must be
able to walk the grounds and facilities. Must be able to drive to
multiple locations regularly.
Safety: Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner.
Observe all safety precautions and maintain safety standards in
compliance with federal, state, and district regulations.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an
exhaustive list of the duties performed in this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Irving Independent School District, Irving , 2 SY: Emergency Management Coordinator - Central Office, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!