Android Digital S/W Eng Lead Analyst - Wealth Management Sector
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're
looking for talented technologists to help build the future of
global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the
globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does
business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in
100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both
Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize
the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing
complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new
business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a
competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser
focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next
level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast
At Citi, we believe in using the power of modern engineering
technologies and practices to improve people's lives. Our mobile
first banking strategy has helped us embrace change and leap frog
traditional banking paradigms. Our Global Digital Technology
organization relentlessly focuses on delivering leading financial
capabilities for customers to ensure they seamlessly live their
lives and engage in transactions that are safe, secure, and always
on for them. At Citi, we believe in the bank of tomorrow and are
delivering capabilities that keep pace with the market, technology
innovation, and customer demand.
We are embarking on a vision to make it easy for people
everywhere to understand that the ability to reach their dreams and
build a secure financial position is accessible to them. We will
help customers do this one step at a time by guiding them through
the process via robotic automation and artificial intelligence that
seeks to understand each person's individual and unique risk
appetite. We will help our customers build and optimize their
Wealth Management portfolios and gain freedom knowing that they can
be financially strong and hopeful for their future. Citi is
reimagining our Wealth Management technical domain by building best
of breed applications to empower consumer's in their wealth
We want you to help. We are searching the kind of person who is
excited by building solutions that improve the lives of others thru
the latest technology. Are you technical and have deep Wealth
Management domain experience? Are you passionate about helping
those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology
as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates?
Do you want to work with biometrics and voice authentication? Are
you interested in delivering incredibly safe and secure solutions
and using secrets management? Do you like to provide elegant
simplicity across multiple devices?
- Accountable for executing and driving results on large-scale
efforts or multiple smaller efforts and serving as a development
lead for most medium and large projects. This includes expertise
with application development methodologies and standards for
program analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and
- Accountable for exhibiting a strong understanding of client
core business functions.
- Required to support situations in which end user consultation
is required to identify system function specifications and
incorporate them into overall system design and delivery.
Additionally, utilize comprehensive knowledge of multiple areas
within technology to achieve technological objectives.
- Independent work style, requiring little or no guidance by more
senior developers. Decisions will make a significant, measurable
impact on the business goals for the client organization. During
team discussions you will play a significant role with TPMs and
engineering managers to determine potential risks to a
- Assist in the planning and managing of application development
assignments generally involving large budgets, cross functional
projects or multiple projects. This includes effectively
understanding and analyzing both technical and business risks and
- Expected to effectively communicate those risks to the business
owners, so that they can make informed decisions.
- Accountable for providing guidance on architecturally
significant efforts during the preplanning phase, and ensuring
principles and best practices are followed prior to initiation of
work. In doing so, closely watch and evaluate Digital roadmaps,
including impacts to support upcoming journeys.
- Publish design review extensions, and provide documented
guidance aligned to sprint plans and timelines.
- Be part of the design review board that will focus on the
design process, search for generic patterns, and, at the same time,
share best practices across the organization.
- Publish design patterns across lines of business and domain
commonalities. Drive design reviews for Next Gen Architecture (NGA)
and Plan of Record (POR) projects, supporting design principles and
- Participate in micro services and NGA code reviews.
- Empower SDEs and their teams by mentoring and coaching.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the business domain, the
systems, and the products in your space. Understand their
accountabilities, boundaries, limitations, scale factors and the
reasons behind architectural decisions.
- Provide a long-term perspective for business and technology
choices; using technical judgment to vet architecture as
- Able to direct teams on how to develop and deliver systems that
are efficient with resource usage such as hardware, runtime,
performance, load, and memory requirements.
- Responsible for broader design decisions and development of
long-term strategies that significantly influence the development
process and standards.
- Accountable for Design Reviews of Agile and Plan of Record
(POR) projects as well as accountable for Code Reviews of Next Gen
Architecture (NGA) projects and are expected to elaborate, promote
and communicate Design Patterns applicable to NGA architectures and
- Accountable for providing architectural guidance to the SDE's
based on best practices and in alignment with CTO guidelines and
- Drive clarity and work with complete independence as business
and or technical strategy is not defined.
- Provide the corresponding architectural guidance, and conduct
design reviews and code reviews based on the projects assigned to
your LOB. The product definition and technical planning is out of
- Accountable for the overall strategy and for driving the teams
inside and outside of your organization to deliver expected
results. Drive mindful discussion with business and technical
stakeholders that lead to timely decisions. Participate in
discussions to drive smart trade-off decisions that balance
efforts, delivery timelines, features, and technical constraints.
Identify and remove blockers and always find the path forward in
- Create plans that have a clear path to delivery. Solve for
dependencies between agile and waterfall delivery efforts. Help
your teams organize for delivery while maximizing resources for the
greater good of the Digital organization. Understand engineering
best practices and apply best practices to the software development
- Accountable for Design Reviews for Citi Agile and POR projects
as well as Code Reviews for the NGA projects. Accountable for
providing architectural guidance to the SDE's based on best
practices and in alignment with CTO guidelines and platform.
Elaborate, promote and communicate Design Patterns applicable to
NGA architectures and solutions.
- Elaborate, bring and communicate clear metrics on Design
Reviews, Code Reviews, CI/CD and Design Patterns adoption.
- Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide
escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate
issues/risks at multiple levels. Recognize discordant views and
take part in constructive dialog to resolve them.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement continuous improvement and
the induction of new technology. Demonstrate examples of influence
in scrum teams beyond your own area of focus.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 7+
years commercial Android App development experience
- Strong familiarity with Java and Kotlin, utilizing design
patters including MVC, MVVM and VIPER with a focus on Test Driven
Development in a large, enterprise environment among teams of
- Solid grasp of algorithms, performance management and real-time
- Experience with chart libraries and good knowledge of geometric
data types in developing high end interactive charts
- Understanding of mobile encryption algorithms, analytics and
marketing channel integrations
- Knowledge of test automation with test frameworks like
Espresso, Mockito, code quality/coverage tools like Sonar,
experience with deploying applications in a DevOps environment
leveraging CI/CD tools
- Experience in developing commonly used dynamic UI components
across the app
- Investment/Wealth domain experience a MUST
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence
- Customer focused mindset, taking pride in creating and owning
an informative data-driven journey
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Irving , Android Digital S/W Eng Lead Analyst - Wealth Management Sector, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!